Pablo Zabaleta

Very emotional evening, it's gona hurt for a long long time. Dread to think what it's gona be like when more genuine heroes like Vinny go. The timing is right, but it's like losing an old dog who's been so loyal to the end.

All the best for the future Pablo, thanks for everything.

Very emotional evening, it's gona hurt for a long long time. Dread to think what it's gona be like when more genuine heroes like Vinny go. The timing is right, but it's like losing an old dog who's been so loyal to the end.

All the best for the future Pablo, thanks for everything.

I don't think there are any more genuine heroes than Zab in this current crop though. Him and Kompany are probably the stand out pair. Obviously there are more talented players like Silva, Toure and Aguero and it will be sad when they go but the reason nights like last night are so emotional is because people like Zabaleta and Kompany have formed a massive connection with the club and the fans. We're very lucky to have world class superstars in our squad these days but guys like those two are real club men and their absence will be felt the most by the fans (obvs Kompany hasn't gone yet). You can go and buy another £50m superstar whenever you want but guys like Zab just can't be replaced. It's such a rarity to see foreign players embrace the city, the club and the fans. Kompany and Zabaleta speak with manc accents and have both said before how much it means to them that their kids were born here. That reciprocal love/respect between players and fans is really important in the modern game i think. We have other heroes in our squad for sure, but I don't think any are more "genuine" than him.

I don't think there are any more genuine heroes than Zab in this current crop though. Him and Kompany are probably the stand out pair. Obviously there are more talented players like Silva, Toure and Aguero and it will be sad when they go but the reason nights like last night are so emotional is because people like Zabaleta and Kompany have formed a massive connection with the club and the fans. We're very lucky to have world class superstars in our squad these days but guys like those two are real club men and their absence will be felt the most by the fans (obvs Kompany hasn't gone yet). You can go and buy another £50m superstar whenever you want but guys like Zab just can't be replaced. It's such a rarity to see foreign players embrace the city, the club and the fans. Kompany and Zabaleta speak with manc accents and have both said before how much it means to them that their kids were born here. That reciprocal love/respect between players and fans is really important in the modern game i think. We have other heroes in our squad for sure, but I don't think any are more "genuine" than him.

Totally agree. What gets me with Zab is how he has embraced the culture so well, he didn't speak English when he arrived, which seems crazy now. Naturally, he was nowhere near as gifted as most the squad talent wise. But with hard work, passion and desire he became one of the best full backs in the world between 2011-2014 in my opinion. You cannot buy or replace that mentality.

Fantastic send off, was welling up in the stands, I am not old enough to have seen Mike Doyle play but I'm sure Zab is cut from the same cloth

Silva is just as much a legend as zabba and vinny. He is just quieter and gets on with it not that zabba and vinny have ever looked for attention.

I not sure Silva speaks good English but rarely does interviews. He could be our Scholes in that after his career he never shuts the fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.