Pablo Zabaleta

Silva is just as much a legend as zabba and vinny. He is just quieter and gets on with it not that zabba and vinny have ever looked for attention.

I not sure Silva speaks good English but rarely does interviews. He could be our Scholes in that after his career he never shuts the fuck up.

Silva is possibly the best we've had but in terms of fan connection (which I think is what we're talking about here) he doesn't come close to Zabaleta or Kompany. He's been an absolute pro but he's a different sort to those two.

One of my favourite off the field Zaba moments was after the game at Bayern, when Tevez 'refused' to warm up. Most were wanting the book thrown at Tevez but Zaba stood up for his mate and made people realise it maybe wasn't as cut and dried as it first appeared. Takes a strong man to go against the crowd. Once a blue always a blue.

Silva is possibly the best we've had but in terms of fan connection (which I think is what we're talking about here) he doesn't come close to Zabaleta or Kompany. He's been an absolute pro but he's a different sort to those two.

I would also add Hart to an extent.

Zaba is like an old school footballer, never airs out his dirty laundry.

Quiet man, with a beautiful family.

Would love to see a testimonial game for him but I reckon that's it for him.

Hopefully he stays in the Manchester area

Hate to mention him in a thread about a class act like Zabaleta but im going to do it anyway.... John Terry. Seeing the Chelsea fans celebrating their own club legend bowing out just makes me feel extra proud to have had the likes of Kompany and Zabaleta as our leaders over the past decade. For all of his presence and the way he's battled on the pitch for Chelsea through the years, the guy is an absolute disgrace. I know all fans have to park their feelings about the conduct of certain players at times, but I'd find it very hard celebrating someone like that as a club legend. It's been a privilege for us as fans to have the likes of Zabaleta representing us and the club both on and off the pitch.

An emotional evening.

Nights like that set City, and supporting City, apart from everyone else IMO, you can win all the silverware you want, but in an age where players come and go at will, the reception Zabba got was just perfection, certainly a night I won't forget in a long long time.

As an aside, I hope tonight helped Pep 'get' the club a little more - and why its so different, and so special to all of us. If he ends up half as invested as Zabba, we could have some really special times up ahead.
100% agree said to the kids thats what being a blue is all about .other.clubs would of sponsored it or had some knob with a funny haircut dabbing or something daft.
The memory that will stick from with me from last night was zabba walking hand in hand with his mrs and baby zabba through the guard of honour and him bursting into tears as he reached the darkness of the tunnel.
Last night fans,players,staff was the first time we really were together

So did I and then got a text from my son as I was coming out of the ground at the end saying; 'you silly old trout fancy crying on live TV'!! How was I to know I was on TV when I was crying and wiping away the tears!! Plus I was wearing a Zaba 'bandage' because I thought a lot of people were going to wear them and I was the only one in the CBL1 as far as I could see!!

It was a fantastic send off for a wonderful player, a true Blue, a legend. Loved his little lad not waving with him and doing his own thing!! :-)
I wondered if that was you Eccles

Zabba is a reminder, almost a throwback to what true hard men were. Loyal, quiet, gave 100% commitment and would die for the cause. The minimum of fuss and noise but were always there and always had your back. Quiet, respectful and compassionate away from the battle but uncompromising and tough as old boots in it. To replace that whole package is one big task.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.