Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbappe (100m) would be top of my list followed by Sanchez (50m), Fabinho (35m), Isco (40m), Walker (40m), Donnarumma (30m), Oxlaide Chamberlain (30m). Sandro (40m) and Bonnucci (40m). This assumes Nolito,Iheanacho,Fernando,Navas,Zabba,Caballero,Delph, Sagna and Clichy are leaving. If Nasri, Hart, Mangala, Bony, Roberts are also sold would leave a net transfer spend of around £330 Million. Would see us win the quadruple in my opinion.

The world has gone mad and football is swimming in money but that list is frankly pie in the sky mate and will never happen.

Nice to dream about it though.

You really think having Aguero, Jesus, Mbappé, Sané and Sterling together is feasible?

Aguero being dropped for 3 games was enough for him to start fielding questions about leaving.

Jesus will expect to be playing nearly every game as soon as he really gets going.

Sterling complained about only starting 28 league games last season, and I only see his expectations going up as he shrugs off the young player tag at 23.

Mbappé will expect to start every game after a world record transfer.

Sané doesn't seem the type to accept being on the bench either.

Yes, because there are so many games.

The current group of forwards/wide players cannot play the way Pep wants & maintain the workrate needed.The high press isn't good enough. Either he lessens the workrate or increases the numbers. Sane & Sterling drop a long way if they play several high intensity games. Jesus probably wil too. Also on Saturday, he had Sane & Sterling dropping in like fullbacks, when Silva & DeBruyne went pressing, another variation, but sometimes they were too late, as it's hard work.

Also, Aguero will be gone in one or two seasons anyhow, so his role will diminish possibly even during next season. Steling can go too imo if he's not good enough to play a full part & complains.

Imo, we should be able to sub two of these, after every hour, if required, & bring on fresh players as good or better. Then we have a Champs Lg potential winning attack, playing high intensity for 90 mins rather than dropping off the pace.

But I don't see Real Madrid letting us sign Mbappe anyhow, so it will likely be someone else we bring in.

Too young, we won't be able to give him room for building. We already have Aguero, Nolito, Sane, Sterling, Jesus and how can I forgot Iheanacho! We have a lot of young guns that need polishing. Why should we go after another young lad when we have English young talent in our pool? I believe Mbappe is a bit overrated. Totally my opinion.

Yes, because there are so many games.

The current group of forwards/wide players cannot play the way Pep wants & maintain the workrate needed.The high press isn't good enough. Either he lessens the workrate or increases the numbers. Sane & Sterling drop a long way if they play several high intensity games. Jesus probably wil too. Also on Saturday, he had Sane & Sterling dropping in like fullbacks, when Silva & DeBruyne went pressing, another variation, but sometimes they were too late, as it's hard work.

Also, Aguero will be gone in one or two seasons anyhow, so his role will diminish possibly even during next season. Steling can go too imo if he's not good enough to play a full part & complains.

Imo, we should be able to sub two of these, after every hour, if required, & bring on fresh players as good or better. Then we have a Champs Lg potential winning attack, playing high intensity for 90 mins rather than dropping off the pace.

But I don't see Real Madrid letting us sign Mbappe anyhow, so it will likely be someone else we bring in.

I don't buy into this players complaining notion. Players want to play in big games of course, but they also want to win trophies and compete on all fronts. They'll know a bigger squad is needed for that. If players moan rather than buckle down and show Pep they should be starting then they can leave.

You look at Chelsea and they've had a settled 11 all season again really. Fabregas (who could walk into most teams) and Willian (who I feel is very underrated) both have been on the bench a fair bit but still perform when they come into the side.

5 players competing for 3 places is not bad.

Sergio, Mbappe, Jesus, Sane & Sterling

Depends what you mean by "not bad". If "will result in constant press complaints, agents speaking out, an unhappy dressing room and the eventual departure of at least one player" then I'd agree it's "not bad".

Depends what you mean by "not bad". If "will result in constant press complaints, agents speaking out, an unhappy dressing room and the eventual departure of at least one player" then I'd agree it's "not bad".

I think that's going overboard.

If one of the players becomes unhappy, you sell him. And bring in a new one. And if he's unhappy, it's presumably because he can't get in. So everyone is happy enough when he goes.

The reality is one forward player is injured at any given time, it seems to be the nature of these quick,dynamic players. We should have 4 ready to go and win us things now with a young developing player as back up.

how good is this kid then?

ive only seen him against us and he impressed, and ive seen a few videos on you tube and he kind of reminds me of a thierry henry. but most players could make a decent you tube montage of their best bits.

has anybody on here regularly seen him playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.