Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder if he'll be able to control games like Yaya from the base of the midfield, but am looking forward to finding out.

He can't do it to the same extend as Yaya as he doesn't have the same passing range, and we can't really get anyone who can do that, so Yaya will still have his uses against teams which sit very deep (like West Brom and the rags), Fabinho tends to keep things more simple (more of a Busquets/Lahm midfielder than an Alonso/Yaya).

He's far better defensively though (which we desperately need as we've been far too vulnerable to counter attacks) and is also the best player I've seen in a long time at starting counter attacks as whenever he wins a tackle he manages to keep the ball so close to himself and immediately sends his players away, Monaco have scored an unreal amount of goals that start with him winning the ball and quickly unleashing their quick players. If we get him I think it'll be a dream for him to look up and see Sterling, Sané and De Bruyne (and potentially Walker) sprinting up the pitch.

Last edited:
Would love this. In a midfield 3 behind Silva and KDB predominant, Gundogan, Dinho and Toure options? Great CM squad if it happens.

Please be true, he really would be a great addition at CM and would solve our issue of cover/depth at RB too.

I think there's a reasonable chance it could happen too, particularly if we aren't in on Mendy or Mbappe. We know Txiki met with Monaco's president about a specific target, could be Fabinho all along.

@tolmie's hairdoo also stated a few days back Fabinho might be back on.

Please be true, he really would be a great addition at CM and would solve our issue of cover/depth at RB too.

I think there's a reasonable chance it could happen too, particularly if we aren't in on Mendy or Mbappe. We know Txiki met with Monaco's president about a specific target, could be Fabinho all along.

@tolmie's hairdoo also stated a few days back Fabinho might be back on.

Mendes coming through for us ;)

Which we can 100% agree on, a fantastic addition if it can be finalised, hopefully before the red feks fluke the europa next week...

There was 3 mendez players that was being mooted, to me this looks like two out of three sewn up, a clean sweep and fuck me, happy days!
who is the 3rd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.