General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May seems to have been unnerved by the fallout over the proposed changes to self employed NIC's. It seems that she would be happy to reduce her majority from 150 to 75 if it means that she frees herself from all of Cameron's previous manifesto commitments.

If there are many with the same attitude I feel sure Corbyn will absolutely walk the election.
May has no chance when this spreads.
Lol.

Just trying to give a different view point.
It will be the Libyans after us next after what we did or the part we played 6 years ago. To think genital mutilation is actually happening in that country because of our government and the US is simply disgusting and then the way these nations have washed their hands is even worse.

I don't know enough about Corbyn to say whether that's accurate or not, but assuming it is, what's wrong in that? I know lots of people who support a united Ireland, as far as I know that's not a criminal offence.

I'm for the abolition of the monarchy and the unelected House of Lords, is it acceptable to hold those opinions? I can't keep up.

Whether there is support or not is not the point, I'm sure there are many in this country who would not care a jot if we just gave the Falklands and Gibraltar to their respective neighbouring countries. As for Ireland well Ireland has no right to determine the future of Northern Ireland, whether that is by means of terrorism or not, it is completely irrelevant.

The point in all of this is we should be asking if Northern Ireland wants to remain a part of us and they do overwhelmingly which suggests we should defend their right to choose. The IRA sought to take away the right of those people to make a self determination by means of violence, we went to war with Argentina over the exact same thing and we would do so with Spain too over Gibraltar if it came to it.

Those who support a United Ireland or the IRA or anyone of that faction is directly opposing the rights of your fellow countrymen, rights people have died to protect. Corbyns failure to outright condemn the IRA shows that he is quite simply unwilling to defend the rights of the people he would be charged with protecting.

He has only shown that if this country was attacked he would not retaliate albeit because he is not willing to use violence to protect us from threats.

This. A pale wannabe but the point stands about the choice of candidates.

Indeed. It's also Hobson's choice about the policies though. Putting personalities to one side, I can't say I like either manifesto. The Labour one looks like a 17 year old, wet behind the ears idealist from the 1970s wrote it. It's so ridiculous we can dismiss it out of hand.

But the Tory manifesto has all this lefty interventionist meddling nonsense in it, like meddling with the energy prices and workers representatives on board of companies. And fiscally irresponsible spending and watered-down deficit reduction plans. Combined with an almost fascist policy on elderly care costs. It's a very confused mix.

May seems to have been unnerved by the fallout over the proposed changes to self employed NIC's. It seems that she would be happy to reduce her majority from 150 to 75 if it means that she frees herself from all of Cameron's previous manifesto commitments.

She's certainly going about it the right way then.

Which means you have to go back through history and work out why he or she has that opinion.
Can you sympathise with what happened?
Would you want that to happen to any of your family?
Can you understand why people seek revenge?
Do I agree with what the IRA did? Definitely not, but some people can and its a human trait.

Actually booted an IRA sympathiser out of my house 2 weeks ago. Not because she was a sympathiser but because of the lies she was spreading able it them never harming innocent people and always giving warnings.
Can I understand why she is a sympathiser? 100%
Do I agree with her lies and propaganda? Fuck no!

If I have understood the flow of this post correctly then we are saying essentially the same, or at least similar, things

I got called a RWNJ for saying:

"I would have had more respect if he had the balls to simply state his active support for the IRA....."

Your are saying:

"Which means you have to go back through history and work out why he or she has that opinion....."

Which, I am reading to mean recognition that, notionally, there can be reasons, if you go back in history, to explain Corbyn's support for the IRA.

I can accept that, but what he is doing now is dissembling - if there is a valid reason in his history for him to actively support the IRA then he should explain that if he is hoping to earn the trust and respect of the voting public - all this prevarication demonstrates that he is not the man of principle he has been portrayed to be

Whether there is support or not is not the point, I'm sure there are many in this country who would not care a jot if we just gave the Falklands and Gibraltar to their respective neighbouring countries. As for Ireland well Ireland has no right to determine the future of Northern Ireland, whether that is by means of terrorism or not, it is completely irrelevant.

The point in all of this is we should be asking if Northern Ireland wants to remain a part of us and they do overwhelmingly which suggests we should defend their right to choose. The IRA sought to take away the right of those people to make a self determination by means of violence, we went to war with Argentina over the exact same thing and we would do so with Spain too over Gibraltar if it came to it.

Those who support a United Ireland or the IRA or anyone of that faction is directly opposing the rights of your fellow countrymen, rights people have died to protect. Corbyns failure to outright condemn the IRA shows that he is quite simply unwilling to defend the rights of the people he would be charged with protecting.

He has only shown that if this country was attacked he would not retaliate albeit because he is not willing to use violence to protect us from threats.

Hold on, which way is it? Is he a terrorist advocate who supports violent organisations or is he a man who wants peace and will do everything he can to not go to war? This is where the waters get muddy with the IRA links and the type of person he is.

And remember in the late 60's the catholics in Northern Ireland weren't fighting only for nationalisation but for civil rights, social justice and to end the sectarian discrimination against them. In that sense there are many people that sympathise with their position at that time but that doesn't mean they support the actions of the IRA in the following years.

I suppose those that are against Corbyn because of his stance (whatever that is) on the IRA also have the same view on the British Army and the Government? After all, they themselves have indiscriminately killed innocent people in Northern Ireland. Are they terrorists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.