General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
James O'Brien has said on LBC that the station is getting lots of calls from Downing St asking them to stop talking about the Social Care controversy. This is comical now.
Calling all the news organisations to get back asking Corbyn about the IRA. BBC duly obliged within 10 minutes.

I wish I knew how to put faces on these things...

v9QGb5.gif

But you get the idea.
Lump on. You'll make a fortune.

I've stuck £50 on Labour just in case.

In the simplest terms they want us to be born, pay taxes and then die, if for any reason you are too ill to pay these taxes or god forbid live to an age where you don't pay income tax then they want to ensure you can sell your possesions to keep the money coming in.

It would be more honest to open up a dignitas clinic in each city centre and send out invites to anyone they deem unworthy.
Which they?

Maria Gatland - Tory party councillor and member of the IRA.

But as she's a very minor Tory official it obviously doesn't count.....

May's having an absolute nightmare.

No wonder she didn't want to do the leaders debate. She can't talk without getting wobbly unless it's all rehearsed. Probably why they won't accept any journo questions unless they're pre-supplied.

Imagine her in negotiations? She's got absolutely no chance. I never thought I'd say this but she's a huge drop down from Cameron.
True.
And it's worse than that. It raises the question of competence.
You can imagine that come Brexit they will agree to things without being aware what they're signing up to.
So not only weak and unstable but incompetent as well.

Corbyn was 20/1 to be the next PM a week ago. He's now 4/1 with Hills, a bit bigger with others.

I would say 10-1 would be more realistic. Its still virtally impossible for Labour to gain an absolute majority. If Corbyn were to become PM it would have to be as part of a Labour/SNP coalition. The prospect of such a coalition was hugely damaging for Labour in England in 2015. May has spoken about the "coalition of chaos" but as an issue it hasnt really been part of the agenda during this campaign so far. However if the polls continue to narrow it will become a dominant topic the nearer we get to polling day.

Lefties? You mean like the ones that gave you workers rights, the NHS and helped see that your children didn't end up dying of consumption when working at the mill from the age of five? What are you anyway Tory Boy? A rich kid born into wealth and privilege? If so, congrats. My aim is to ask my fellow working class brothers to reconsider before voting Tory. That doesn't concern you Tory Boy.
I mean people like you posting in capitals and acting like a internet version of a student union rep, just without the charm or defence of youth.

Just look at your posts. You can't argue or debate without attempted insults.

Oh yeah, you're working class, well done for you. I just sit and stare out out the 2,000 acres I was bequeathed and which I allow the plebs to work, obviously.

No, I wasn't born into wealth or privilege. I've just made the most of my schooling. You've again fallen into the trap of trying to judge someone based on the support of a party at a particular time. You wouldn't be overly impressed if I labelled you a chav or a scrote I'm sure. Although you're on record as saying you'd vote Labour every time whatever the situation, so maybe understanding the thoughts of others or having political empathy is rather beyond you.

Here is an ex-member of the IRA.

Gatland.jpg
Maria_gatland_1125295c.jpg

Maria Gatland is a Tory councillor in Croydon, South London. But in a previous life she was known as Maria McGuire; a member of the Provisional IRA and lover of one of it’s top dogs David O’Connell. She detailed her life in the group in a book called To Take Arms: My Year With The IRA Provisionals.

In that book she wrote

"I remember occasions where we heard late at night that a British soldier had been shot and seriously wounded in Belfast or Derry and we would hope by the morning he would be dead. I accepted the bombing of Belfast and when civilians were accidentally blown to pieces dismissed this as one of the unfortunate effects of urban guerrilla warfare."

Yet you say a man who is on record as saying he is against ALL bombing is now a terrorist supporter.

Now think about you shit smear and tell us why you support a party that has terrorists on board. You are beyond hypocrisy.

You also clearly have no idea who Arlene Foster is. Now there is terrorist and you you seem happy with her.

More crap swinging in the wind

2 wrongs do not make a right .. - no matter how desperate you are to make it so

I agree with you that Maria Gatland - I do remember her as Mary McGuire - should be nowhere near UK mainstream politics - I am shocked than she is and would happily join any demand / discussion that she should be banned from politics

Re Arlene Foster, apart from through your desperation, - how did you get to my being ‘happy’ with her. I saw a quote this morning from her that seemed to describe my view of Corbyn more eloquently than I did so I quoted it. I did not do an in-depth investigation to her past. If she has a bad history I would be equally damming of her as any other terrorist. That said I am pretty sure that her history is not anywhere as disgusting as Corbyn’s chums McGuiness and Adams

Let’s be clear – just how the fuck did the UK end up having to accommodate McGuiness and Adams – absolute disgrace IMO.

But it is one thing that a negotiated settlement in NI leads to an accommodation that sees people directly involved in each side of the conflict – in NI.

It is entirely another matter to consider that an active supporter of the IRA could be fit to be the PM of the UK.

No – I know that you, like others, just twist in the wind to distract from the bottom line – but there is no escaping it – Corbyn was an active supporter of the IRA and even now cannot bring himself to directly condemn them

Magnificent, Godwin's law in one go.
Nope. A bit like you saying "strawman" the other day. You've heard of something but you're mistaken in its meaning.

Goodwin's Law asserts that "if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds." but @inbetween makes no such comparison. Simply referencing Hitler or the Nazi's does not automatically invoke Godwin's Law anymore than mentioning the colour black means that someone is being racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.