General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong again mate.
Postal votes out this week, Friday is too late.
May is sounding absolutely desperate under questioning from the media at her press conference.
Questions are all about her being 'weak and wobbly ' under pressure.

But you should learn something from my post that you were responding to.

I was directly criticising May and her handling of this issue.

You see - that is because some of us can do that and do not have to be mindlessly and slavishly docile in what we say and do

It is all about being capable of being objective and being able to think for yourself - give it a try

Last edited:
Glad some people can afford to do that despite having 2 jobs with zero hours contracts trying to stay above water.

My foster sister is 21 homeless and is currently living in a summerhouse at my mum's. She diligently goes through the hoops the job centre give her and is getting nowhere. Apart from becoming more depressed and being made to feel judged and useless.

They haven't paid her benefits for 12 weeks claiming "Administration issues"

This is Tory Britain.

Fuck the poor.
Not sure what that story has to do with critical illness insurance or being too ill to work, but either way I hope she finds work soon.

Very surprised she can't find any work though, every time I came back from uni (and even at uni but in a different city) I was able to find bar work in Lancaster (ie not a huge city). It's not great and the hours are wank, but at 21 I doubt she'd need to ask at more than a dozen before she was offered a trial shift. Approaching the job centre and knowing what hoops they wanted me to jump through never came into it.

Last edited:
Just makes you realise how shit Labour are, when they can't command a lead of the shower that is the current Tory leadership team.
I know you've been let down by your beloved party mate but you sound desperate.
Jezza and McDonald are looking the strong guys in this campaign.
Jezza's forced Mavis to U turn on social policy and the way McDonald destroyed Damian Green on Marr yesterday, I'd say he ( McDonald) was well hard.
Kier Starmer, Jezz and John look like a strong team to me to negotiate Brexit.

Tories - weak and wobbly. The new soundbites.
Luvin it.

More crap swinging in the wind

2 wrongs do not make a right .. - no matter how desperate you are to make it so

I agree with you that Maria Gatland - I do remember her as Mary McGuire - should be nowhere near UK mainstream politics - I am shocked than she is and would happily join any demand / discussion that she should be banned from politics

Re Arlene Foster, apart from through your desperation, - how did you get to my being ‘happy’ with her. I saw a quote this morning from her that seemed to describe my view of Corbyn more eloquently than I did so I quoted it. I did not do an in-depth investigation to her past. If she has a bad history I would be equally damming of her as any other terrorist. That said I am pretty sure that her history is not anywhere as disgusting as Corbyn’s chums McGuiness and Adams

Let’s be clear – just how the fuck did the UK end up having to accommodate McGuiness and Adams – absolute disgrace IMO.

But it is one thing that a negotiated settlement in NI leads to an accommodation that sees people directly involved in each side of the conflict – in NI.

It is entirely another matter to consider that an active supporter of the IRA could be fit to be the PM of the UK.

No – I know that you, like others, just twist in the wind to distract from the bottom line – but there is no escaping it – Corbyn was an active supporter of the IRA and even now cannot bring himself to directly condemn them

She worked with Martin McGuinness and her history shows she was against the Peace process, even working against it. Not the actions of Corbyn who has said many many times, that ALL (that being the important word) bombing was wrong. Nationalist, Loyalist. ALL.

What are Labours plans on long term care?

How much is paid for from the sale of house or estate? Genuine question.
Whilst I think that May has handled this social care policy awfully - it never needed to be brought into this manifesto - people forget what the Labour party is likely to do on inheritance and capital gains tax

Nope. A bit like you saying "strawman" the other day. You've heard of something but you're mistaken in its meaning.

Goodwin's Law asserts that "if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds." but @inbetween makes no such comparison. Simply referencing Hitler or the Nazi's does not automatically invoke Godwin's Law anymore than mentioning the colour black means that someone is being racist.

Jesus, you have been out in the sun way too long.

Not sure what that story has to do with critical illness insurance or being too ill to work, but either way I hope she finds work soon.

Very surprised she can't find any work though, every time I came back from uni (and even at uni but in a different city) I was able to find bar work in Lancaster (ie not a huge city). It's not great and the hours are wank, but at 21 I doubt she'd need to ask at more than a dozen before she was offered a trial shift.
I'm doing my best for her as are others. She's not perfect, and occasionally needs a gentle nudge. I just see her potential being wasted by the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.