Gael Clichy leaves confirmed. Thanks Gael & good luck.

Seems like the right time for him to go, Clichy was a great signing for us, his attitude and professionalism were never in doubt for me, the same with Sagna... if only Nasri gave what they did in terms of commitment and attitude.

I expect Sagna to leave as well along with Nasri this summer, we have changed as a club since we signed these players IMO which shows how fast we're moving, I could be wrong but I have the feeling when they retire it will be Arsenal they call their club and I understand it so it doesn't bother me. They signed with us to win trophies... We will still make those signings but less of them IMO(those will be the galactico signings), we will be looking for players who want to genuinely play for the shirt and win things for the club itself.

Disappointed in some of the negative comments on here.

An extremely humble, hard working professional who's never been a moments trouble or said anything negative about the club.

He was first choice left back in our best ever side and has been the best left back we've had for at least 20 years, I think he deserves a bit more respect.

He came back from a horrendous injury last season and actually enjoyed one of his best spells of form for us at the back end of last season, which seems to have been forgotten about.

He's a defender first and foremost and has done his best in trying to adapt to a new style of play this season. I hope it works out for him wherever he goes next.

He always worked hard but in reality we needed an upgrade for his position years ago. All the best for the future.

Great signing, added experience when we needed it - emphasised that a player who wanted to win stuff had a better chance at City than at Arsenal - and then proved it with two Premier league wins to Arsenal's none.

Best moments - the throw in that led to that goal, the celebration with Joe Hart and a couple of years as a good steady left back who let others get on and play. He will always have a place in our history and when he comes along playing for someone else I hope we treat him with the respect he deserves and remember once a blue ...

Great signing, added experience when we needed it - emphasised that a player who wanted to win stuff had a better chance at City than at Arsenal - and then proved it with two Premier league wins to Arsenal's none.

Best moments - the throw in that led to that goal, the celebration with Joe Hart and a couple of years as a good steady left back who let others get on and play. He will always have a place in our history and when he comes along playing for someone else I hope we treat him with the respect he deserves and remember once a blue ...

Spot on! Good luck Gael!

Some people take an opportunity to slag off our own. No need in my opinion....

Will never forget his and Joe's hug after after Agueeerrrroooooo!

Thanks Gael and good luck.

Some of the abuse he's had on here recently has been bang out of order. He might not have been the fasted, or the most skilful, but every time he's crossed that white line in a City shirt he's worked his bollocks off. He's held his hand up after every mistake, and never once hidden or ducked out of a challenge.

A lot of the good stuff he does for the Team goes unnoticed, and it's only when he slips up or gives away a cheap foul that people even realise he's on the pitch.

I hope he takes away some great memories of his time at the Club, and I wish him every success wherever he ends up unless it's the Swamp; in which case he can f**k off.
He won't go there, he's too good for them in both a professional and moral sense. A great guy, lovely family, a very shrewd in his outlook. He know what he wants out of life.

All the best, Gael, I'll miss you.

A solid left back for so many years. Though he struggled, understandably, to adapt to Pep's style this season, he's still a City legend and deserves his spot on that ultimate players list we voted for at the end of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.