Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

We can't.

Some will say education is the key, but this ****, like the others, grew up in the U.K. Studied in the U.K. Had the same prospects as you or I. He wasn't fleeing bombing in Syria. He didn't lose his wife to a drone strike. His brain was poisoned by a bastardised version of a religion.

I wish there was no religion, I really do. If it would work, I'd ban it and make it illegal to follow any religion, but of course that would just cause more resentment and push it underground and be completely counterproductive.

But it doesn't stop me thinking I wish there was none. When you think about the countless lives and injustices perpetrated in the name of a god which - in my view - does not even exist and never has, it makes me very sad indeed. If the whole thing was just a harmless waste of your time, then it would be sad enough, but of course it's much much worse than that.

The only thing we can do is learn as much as we can about these dick heads and put that intelligence into stopping them.

I'd imagine we have already done the homework and have stopped more over the last x amount of years than I'd care to think about.

The race/religion debate in this country should be a totally separate argument to this type of terrorism but I can't help feel it fuels this radical thinking in some capacity.

I don't want to turn it into a race debate because it should never be that, but there is a connection to it that needs eradicating yesterday.

Dont know if it's true or not but heard on the radio about some Asian Taxi drivers from Liverpool turning off their meters and helping ferry the injured. If so, fair play and a huge pat on the back, one in the eye for the terrorists....

Taxi drivers of different faiths in Manchester too. This partly shows up the media's ignorance because they features a Sikh taxi driver as an examplar whose ancestors have been fighting extremism for hundreds of years

This is more inspiring when one considers that many Manchester taxi drivers are broke as incomes have olummeted in recent times.

And continuing to be part of that civilised community is the best action we can take against these loons. Because we defeat their objective if we stay civilised and stick together as a group of human beings. Loads of different parts of our community came together last night - White, black, brown, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Catholic, CofE, Jewish, etc. Being civilised may make us a soft target but that's unfortunately a price we must pay in this day and age.

Without wishing to be trite or trivial it's like City playing a team of cloggers. We may not get much protection from the ref but we'll carry on playing football and not kick back and, if we do, get the yellow cards. Our players may be battered and bruised but ultimately we're the moral winners.

We keep calm and carry on, stiff upper lip and enjoy life.

I am doing my best not to bite and give her the satisfaction but that doom mongering and hate preaching woman Katie Hopkins is a disgrace. I was listening to 5 live this morning hearing a mother in tears pleading for help to locate her daughter, there were many other pleas at the time as well and horrific accounts. I get to work only moments after hearing these dreadful accounts, I glance on twitter and already Hopkins was at it, using children's deaths, fatalities and the whole tragic event to push her own hate and agenda. She was doing this whilst kids were and are still missing. If the woman has any decency she should donate today's earnings to the fund supporting victims. Yes, something needs to be done to prevent these attacks, but there are professionals working on this every single day, it's a horrible mangle and a complex situation which makes it hard to identify potential attackers. Inciting hatred towards other groups in society and dividing society is not the fucking way to deal with this.

I wish there was no religion, I really do. If it would work, I'd ban it and make it illegal to follow any religion, but of course that would just cause more resentment and push it underground and be completely counterproductive.

But it doesn't stop me thinking I wish there was none. When you think about the countless lives and injustices perpetrated in the name of a god which - in my view - does not even exist and never has, it makes me very sad indeed. If the whole thing was just a harmless waste of your time, then it would be sad enough, but of course it's much much worse than that.
Religion is just the excuse mate if it didn't exist men of evil would just find another reason to pardon their deeds, do you think for one second that brain washed simpleton last night couldn't be reprogrammed to hate enough to murder children for another reason.

I don't think we have to outlaw religion (which, as you point out, probably wouldn't work anyway), we just have to stop protecting it. If religious ideas had to survive on their own merits against the full weight of reasoned criticism, they'd disappear from the mainstream on their own in a couple of generations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.