Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

The press are focusing on the "imminent" bit, but can we stop arguing over it - the point is there that they have received information to warrant upping security to the uppermost level, which whatever way you look at it means, bearing in mind they did the raids here, we need to be careful about what events we attend or what we do until it comes back down, which you'd expect would be within the next few days.

As should anyone living in a major place in the country or thinking about attending major events until such a time.

I think we do these things better than in some other places. In France there's still a state of emergency in place after the terrorist attacks in Paris, which gives police extended powers of search and arrest. No such extension of State/police power exists when the terror risk is increased here. Brits have generally resisted voting in extra powers in such situations unless absolutely necessary, we've always considered cranking up what we already have as a better way of doing things and it doesn't alienate or appear to criminalise sections of our population.

I shall be avoiding the Trafford Centre for awhile until it calms down. Such a big target. RIP and god bless to all affected. I would suggested we are all affected by this today. Awful and where to direct my anger? so difficult to take.

It really is Bw.After all thats gone on and people are still arguing like cat and dog on here ref the actual wording of the potential increase in additional atrocities.Does it really matter ?

Think emotions are high oakie understandable in the circumstances this evil needs erradicating from society but it never will I don't think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.