Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

That hashtag #prayformanchester is pissing me off. praying is whats causing this shite.

If people kept their spiritual ideas to themselves the world would be a far better place.

Religion needs universal outlawing, it's fucking archaic.

Don't be so daft mate. Actual praying causes nothing and I highly doubt that the majority of people using the word even mean it in a literal context. More than likely they mean that they're sending their best wishes and have those effected in their thoughts. You have to try very hard or be in a fragile emotional state to find the bad in that.

I guess it's a scale thing. Resources are tight, police numbers have been slashed, prisons are over crowded. Today - with hindsight can the security forces round up every known suspect with links to ISIS - I suspect not - it would take months. Politicians spout but there has to be a change in approach - just targeting the Muslim community won't help - (internment in NI caused more issues and swelled the ranks of the IRA) we need to take the 98 per cent of good muslims with us and together root out the evil element but it's going to need a more comprehensive, well financed and joined up approach. People like Donald Trump - with his heavy handed rhetoric just makes the matter worse. This is not a war, the military can't win this, a stronger more inclusive society is the answer.
I agree.But surely it can be more targeted. The BBC are reporting that this guy has just returned from a period in Lybia, his own Iman has said he is 'not surprised' that he is responsible for the atrocity. His neighbours have been concerned about his behaviour. The security services can't do it all. Society, including moslems need to help identify those that are being radicalised and then we need to be strong enough to do something about it. I agree that this needs to be done in parallel with education and integration but thats long term and we do need to do something now.

Interesting comments attributed to his Imam and i would be interested to know if he reported his concerns to the security services?

3000 - please quote the source. Where to? Some could be UK Born. Define "interest". How many of the 3000 have just been seen talking to the wrong person? That would create an "interest" as would a number of other minor acts. You get shut of this person what do his mates do. They object, they protest and 'you' have just started several more on the road to radicalism.

The security services will have a watch list and an ongoing concern list of people and their known associates (I think anyway but no-one knows). I know these exist in some way because I am security cleared and have been checked to see if I was on one. How they work, who they contain and how they watch or decide upon it all well no-one knows and no-one ever will. It is impossible to state how many are on these lists because the information is classified and it would pose a national security risk if it was released. 3000 is probably wrong but it would not really surprise me if it wasn't far off. Whether it is 3000 or 1 though is irrelevant, 1 is still too many.

Your last statement suggests that rounding these people up and removing them from our society is wrong and that it would result in more radicalisation. I strongly disagree because you are misunderstanding the dynamics of how in part this begins at the lowest level. The reason radical networks are formed amongst these people is because often one is radicalised who then radicalises others. In a social setting, it is easy to go through with something so terrible with others, it is far more difficult to do it alone. It is also far more difficult to believe in something so terrible when you are not pressured socially into believing it is right.

Just read this about Martyn Hett. Like CTID1988 said, it's heartbreaking when you start to find out more about the victims.

Only just realised after reading his Evening News obituary that he lived round our way.

Xiphos, these people who are a potential risk how do you know about them? Was it from a reliable news source? Not saying you are wrong but if such a statement is made you need to back it up with the source. Since you made that post there have been a number of others picking it up and adding their take on it. They heard it on Bluemoon, was your source a more reliable one? It's important to know.
Enda Brady, Sky News

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.