Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is mate....we just had 3 fullbacks (4 if you include Navas) leave the club on fees...every club in the world now knows we desperate for replacements....that alone adds 10mil to every transfer we look at doing. I know we didnt have room to sign any fullbacks last seasons, as we had so many already under contract but I dont think we would have had the same issue last season...We've shown our hand and teams now have all the control.
Unless we agreed our buying before releasing :)

If Pep genuinely thinks Walker is an incredible right back and that he has to have him over anyone else then fine, pay the money. But I can't help but feel that at 60m we could get most right backs in the world and there must be quite a few who are better than Kyle Walker. If we are going to spend this kind of money, I'd at least try and get Bellerin out of Arsenal.

Walker is welcome but not at silly money. Max 30M. We should have kept Trippier!

Yeah keep Trippier and when do you think he get game time to become the player he is now?! Even spurs bought him and hardly played him for 18 months. I come on here and just cant get my head around some fans thinking.

Well it has been constantly stated by @tolmie's hairdoo and @BillyShears that we have been working on these deals for months so I would imagine numbers were already discussed?

Presumably releasing 3 full backs even before any were replaced might have now strengthened the hand of the likes of Spurs because they know of our desperation to fill those spots. So won't be a surprise if Spurs suddenly changed their mind on their valuation of Walker.

If Pep genuinely thinks Walker is an incredible right back and that he has to have him over anyone else then fine, pay the money. But I can't help but feel that at 60m we could get most right backs in the world and there must be quite a few who are better than Kyle Walker. If we are going to spend this kind of money, I'd at least try and get Bellerin out of Arsenal.
Bellerin would go to Barca if he became available, and although you may prefer Bellerin, Walker was in the PFA team of 2017. I don't really see many better right backs.

Presumably releasing 3 full backs even before any were replaced might have now strengthened the hand of the likes of Spurs because they know of our desperation to fill those spots. So won't be a surprise if Spurs suddenly changed their mind on their valuation of Walker.
So are you suggesting that we should have given new contracts to Zaba, Clichy and Sagna AND THEN either kept them or paid them off? If we are after a player then the selling club know we want them and know we are minted; whether we have back ups or not makes no fucking difference

Bellerin would go to Barca if he became available, and although you may prefer Bellerin, Walker was in the PFA team of 2017. I don't really see many better right backs.
Yes Barca want him for 40m. 22 years old, faster and whilst Walker may be more consistent currently, I reckon Bellerin has so much more potential to be better in the none too distant future. Pep could be a big draw for him and if we are really spending 20m more than Barca are supposedly offering I think I'd at least have a go. Only my opinion though, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.