Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker is welcome but not at silly money. Max 30M. We should have kept Trippier!
Yeah and his development would have been years behind what it is now in fact he may not even have been at a club like Spurs yet

We can't keep every player who comes through the ranks for the sake of the lads career and when you consider Trippier came through before the takeover if he was surplus then he most definitely would have been surplus after

These threads do make me LOL sometimes...if anyone really thinks we decided to release all our fullbacks bar Kolorov in one foul swoop and then thought right let's crack on now with trying to get players in right who should we go for
They are living in cloud cuckoo land
Come on people think about it FFS

any targets we are after will have had the initial spade work done months ago
The agents first and foremost are sounded out then the wheels are put in motion

You need to go and do some YouTubing .. Micah made so many mistakes, but used his strength and pace to recover. Don't even talk positioning !

I don't, I clearly remember it, mistakes & all & that barely a single person on here rated Kyle walker, whilst Micah was actually keeping Pablo Zabaleta, out of the team.

These threads do make me LOL sometimes...if anyone really thinks we decided to release all our fullbacks bar Kolorov in one foul swoop and then thought right let's crack on now with trying to get players in right who should we go for
They are living in cloud cuckoo land
Come on people think about it FFS

any targets we are after will have had the initial spade work done months ago
The agents first and foremost are sounded out then the wheels are put in motion

Too much sense in this post...

Walker is a decent full back.....he gets up and down well, can defend, can tackle, decent size physique, good pace, decent technically....at the end of the day he's a fullback not being asked to do what DeBruyne and Silva do....
So basically he fits all the criteria needed for a modern day fullback

So are you suggesting that we should have given new contracts to Zaba, Clichy and Sagna AND THEN either kept them or paid them off? If we are after a player then the selling club know we want them and know we are minted; whether we have back ups or not makes no fucking difference

The only issue I have is with the way we structured the contracts of all these players....4 fullbacks(if you include Navas), all aging and all ending their deals in the same summer? Personally I feel we should have at least planned this better, as we didnt even look at introducing someone last summer to help fill the gap that would be left behind. We've put ourselves in a corner and teams know it and teams like Spurs/Monaco are now in a stronger position to set the asking price higher, knowing at some point we cant afford to walk away from the deal....I understand your point but we did have control over contract talks for Zab,Clichy, Sagna and Navas....we didnt need to leave ourselves empty. I just think we've made the job harder by our own doing...

Walker is a decent full back.....he gets up and down well, can defend, can tackle, decent size physique, good pace, decent technically....at the end of the day he's a fullback not being asked to do what DeBruyne and Silva do....
So basically he fits all the criteria needed for a modern day fullback

The signing of Walker & Mendy would, imo, be an interesting departure from Pep's usual routine. Neither could be accused of being particularly clever or cultured players, they are fast & direct & like to cross the ball. It's going to be really interesting to see how it evolves but imo a Barca style team with a more physical & direct aspect, would be better than his Barca team.

The only issue I have is with the way we structured the contracts of all these players....4 fullbacks(if you include Navas), all aging and all ending their deals in the same summer? Personally I feel we should have at least planned this better, as we didnt even look at introducing someone last summer to help fill the gap that would be left behind. We've put ourselves in a corner and teams know it and teams like Spurs/Monaco are now in a stronger position to set the asking price higher, knowing at some point we cant afford to walk away from the deal....I understand your point but we did have control over contract talks for Zab,Clichy, Sagna and Navas....we didnt need to leave ourselves empty. I just think we've made the job harder by our own doing...

The point is deals may already be in place for new players but we just have not released that information. Perhaps thats why we allowed our players to be released

That too is a fallacy.

Here are the most expensive English lass switching teams
Sterling 44+5
Stones 47
Carroll 35
Shaw 32
Wio 30
Wooney 27
Milner 26
Lallana 25
Bent 24
Lescott 22.

7 of those 10 were by us and the rags. It's not the market. Its jus 2 clubs with an alternate universe market.

But even still, a 60 million English record is stil ridiculous and laughable. Clyne is deemed Walkers equal
He went for 12.5 million 2 years ago. We need to stop lying to ourselves. There is no inflated market for English players. There are just a few teams who constantly overpay. And then their fans whine about why they can't get rid of dead weight.

Duh! Its all related. When you miss badly on value you are stuck
We both are buying the best of the english talent,there isn't many of them so they cost a fortune simples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.