Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just don't seem to get it. People don't want less of the same from a Tory-lite Labour Party. They want more of something different. Had it not been for the backlash against wee Jimmy Krankie in Scotland and the Tories in England being propped up by the death of the UKIP vote, Corbyn would be in a very strong position to form the next government this weekend.
You sound like a US Democrat! "We almost did it but everyone seemed to help the R keep power!" Do you know how pathetic it sounds when you promote that other people helped the opposition, rather than your own candidate was good enough to win?

The further each side runs to their extreme, the less appetizing they look to the majority that lives in the center. I'm not endorsing a Tory-lite Labour Party or a Labour-lite Tory Party, but a Centrist candidate that speaks to policies and politics that a majority of the country can get behind.

Britain faces some significant challenges in the near future and now, with a weakened Conservative Party "leading" the country and a Labour Party in shambles from their missed opportunity, those challenges get even more difficult. I believe a more centrist candidate pushing more centrist policies, even if there are still significantly "Labour" imperatives included in there, is their way forward.

That's the thing Fumble and you're still not getting.

In the main, one doesn't pick a football team. They are taken at an early age to the ground. They keep being taken. They fall in love with the club and stay with them whatever happens.

With politics it's different. Each time they vote, they are doing so for the party they believe can best run the country at that time.

By asking a question like that then you simply prove my point. You'd vote Labour whoever was in charge. Whatever the manifesto. You've admitted being a party member for 40 years. You campaigned for Blair. That's nothing to be proud of. Was the Blair manifesto anything like the Corbyn one? Or the Kinnock one? Or the Foot one? No, it really wasn't. But I dare say you'd have espoused their individual virtues at each time like the evangelical Labour supporter you are.

Do you not understand that there are floating voters? Do you not understand why they hold sway at each election?

I understand there are floating voters, what you cannot comprehend and this is the crux of your problem of comprehension, is that it is not an inviolate law that floating voters float to the right.

You see narrow economic self interest, divide and rule, as irreversible laws of politics. That empathy and social justice is for the lunatic fringes and the naïve young.

Well you're going to be proved wrong, because divide and rule has got us here and here is not a happy place, it is a hopeless place and the young in particular feel it every day.

The right might have the power now, but they don't have the answers for the future.

There's a sea change taking place in politics and it's sad you can see it.

I understand there are floating voters, what you cannot comprehend and this is the crux of your problem of comprehension, is that it is not an inviolate law that floating voters float to the right.

You see narrow economic self interest, divide and rule, as irreversible laws of politics. That empathy and social justice is for the lunatic fringes and the naïve young.

Well you're going to be proved wrong, because divide and rule has got us here and here is not a happy place, it is a hopeless place and the young in particular feel it every day.

The right might have the power now, but they don't have the answers for the future.

There's a sea change taking place in politics and it's sad you can see it.
Can you put a date on it? It's just so long as it's in some wishy washy future then it's hard to nail down when I can say "I told you so".

You just don't seem to get it. People don't want less of the same from a Tory-lite Labour Party. They want more of something different. Had it not been for the backlash against wee Jimmy Krankie in Scotland and the Tories in England being propped up by the death of the UKIP vote, Corbyn would be in a very strong position to form the next government this weekend.
That maths just doesn't add up i'm afraid.

You been away too long, or you take the young for fools.

I'll take my queues as to what the young would do from the sexagenarian who will be collecting his bus pass and means tested winter fuel allowance by the time the next scheduled GE comes around. Right then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.