Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very very close. So many constituents were on a knife edge really - had that vote been done another month later I reckon he could have got a majority - he's manifesto was not extreme left wing as some like to make it. It was sensibly costed and people saw that, the momentum is on his side, people can say that's down to May and her campaign. But the reality is Corbyn has reached out to the youth and the poorest in our society against all odds.
I'm not sure it was as close as you suggest. Not to an outright victory.

Try and get a crime recorded as part of the stats these days.

Have you?

Against all odds? Fcuk me. It was on the back of possibly the most cynical political bribe in history.

I'm glad someone else pointed that out.

It really is against all the odds to persuade people (that have never paid any tax in) that if they voted for him, he'd give them £28,000.

(Or the equivalent of about ten years income tax take from the average wage earner).

Dec 2016 Total reported crimes - 491,670
Mar 2017 Total recorded crimes - 544,237.

Yep, great job.

So getting a crime recorded isn't that hard then?

And your first response was to say the figures were bullshit, then you went and checked, saw they could be used to back up your view and then decided they were fine.

So long as we are on the same page.

Ps. Police numbers were virtually the same in 2015 and 2016 no?

Can you quote your source as well cheers

Last edited:
Have you?

I'm glad someone else pointed that out.

It really is against all the odds to persuade people (that have never paid any tax in) that if they voted for him, he'd give them £28,000.

(Or the equivalent of about ten years income tax take from the average wage earner).

Yhp, bribe the young with no tuition fees, bribe the old with the triple lock and expect everyone on a passable wage to pay for it with 30/35% tax rates in a couple of years because the rich have fucked off and decided not to pay 50/55% tax rates and can afford to uproot their life and move abroad to the new office the big corporation has opened because it's decided to dodge the corporation tax.

The world seems to expect my generation to live till 450,000 years old to pay for everyone else to have a good time they clearly haven't earned, or they'd still have the money to pay for it and they wouldn't need the Government to give them triple locks and free tuition when, if they managed their finances remotely sensibly, the vast majority would never need either.

£27 my university degree cost me last month. Yet I'll have to pay for 100,000s of kids every year to have it for free rather than each of them pay the same each month out of the wage THEY'LL earn. Just a uni tax on the "ok to decent" wage bracket.

Can you quote your source as well cheers
http://www.ukcrimestats.com/National_Picture/

Based on official figures from the ONS, as supplied by the Home Office. And even the relevant Parliamentary Committee, the Public Affairs Select Committee, was scathing about how targets were encouraging police forces to manipulate crime reports, claiming that you simply couldn't rely on recorded crime figures.

http://www.ukcrimestats.com/National_Picture/

Based on official figures from the ONS, as supplied by the Home Office. And even the relevant Parliamentary Committee, the Public Affairs Select Committee, was scathing about how targets were encouraging police forces to manipulate crime reports, claiming that you simply couldn't rely on recorded crime figures.
1zpr57p.png

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...tins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingmar2016

Well it looks to me that crime hasn't worsened according to official statistics 2010-15 when the 20,000 officers were slashed and the crime survey shows people feeling safer doesn't it. You gonna say the crime survey is bollocks as well?

In fact it's considerably lower than it was in peak Labour 2000-2008.

But you'd argue black was white if you thought it would score a political point at the moment. You chose 2015-16 specially as a cherry pick and you know it.

1zpr57p.png

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...tins/crimeinenglandandwales/yearendingmar2016

Well it looks to me that crime hasn't worsened according to official statistics 2010-15 when the 20,000 officers were slashed and the crime survey shows people feeling safer doesn't it. You gonna say the crime survey is bollocks as well?

In fact it's considerably lower than it was in peak Labour 2000-2008.

But you'd argue black was white if you thought it would score a political point at the moment. You chose 2015-16 specially as a cherry pick and you know it.
I might be missing something here but those little red bars appear to be getting bigger more recently.

I might be missing something here but those little red bars appear to be getting bigger more recently.

You're not an idiot Colin and you know full well what you're doing.

And you're totally ignoring the crime survey results. Which is odd as they don't just take "recorded police crime" into account. "Recorded police crime" being something you loaned about two posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.