Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usual suspects out against Alves based on age, as they know nothing else about him. He's still a world class fullback and you ask any Barca fan if they could have one player this summer, they'd likely say Alves back.

I'm not sure it'll happen, but he'd be a welcome addition as one of the four fullbacks we are aiming to sign this summer.

Last edited:
we remove 30+ year old fullbacks from the squad and then get even older? As a backup, I understand the move and it would be a solid signing but if this was instead of Mendy or Walker, will be very disappointed. We need a long term answer to our problems at FB and no more quick fix...
I take it you didn't watch Alves in champs league this year then ?

I take it you didn't watch Alves in champs league this year then ?

At 34, his performance is likely to drop off the cliff any given season....especially in Pep's team, where FB's have such a big part to play in his system... As a backup, where he might play 10-15games in a season, he would be a great signing and offer great experience but shouldnt be counted on for starting 11. If there is one position we need to get younger, fitter, quicker its Fullback. Alves in my opinion is a short term fix for a very big long term problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.