Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still some development and learning before that could become a reality IMO
Well, that's 10 years to come. We will see how they develop. I see that people think that Sterling is the only problem here, but he is the player with most seasons at the highest level from all 3 of them. I can't imagine people not rating Sterling. He is an amazing player, delivering constantly even in the big games.

Sorry but Mbappe is already better than Sterling and has the potential to be one of the best in the world,Sterling has not.
That's your opinion. Mbappe had half a good season. Exceptional of course, but half a season! Sterling delivers constantly for what, 4-5 seasons?! It's incredible that Sterling chosed us over any other team and we still have fans dissing him.

Well, that's 10 years to come. We will see how they develop. I see that people think that Sterling is the only problem here, but he is the player with most seasons at the highest level from all 3 of them. I can't imagine people not rating Sterling. He is an amazing player, delivering constantly even in the big games.
He doesn't deliver consistently though, that is the problem. I personally see him playing less next season

He doesn't deliver consistently though, that is the problem. I personally see him playing less next season

Every one of this season's front five will play less next season. Sterling, Sane, Kun, Silva, KDB. Rotation will be a lot more prevalent because Pep will have options he trusts to rotate players. Sterling's as integral to our future as Aguero, Sane, or Jesus.

Every one of this season's front five will play less next season. Sterling, Sane, Kun, Silva, KDB. Rotation will be a lot more prevalent because Pep will have options he trusts to rotate players. Sterling's as integral to our future as Aguero, Sane, or Jesus.
I agree except for Sané. Barring injury, he'll make a lot more than 25 appearances next season! At least 40.

EDIT: sorry, I read 25 as being in total but that was just League. He had 35 in total, so not "a lot more" but I still think he'll play more. He won't have that period of being in the cold whilst he adapted.

I agree except for Sané. Barring injury, he'll make a lot more than 25 appearances next season! At least 40.

EDIT: sorry, I read 25 as being in total but that was just League. He had 35 in total, so not "a lot more" but I still think he'll play more. He won't have that period of being in the cold whilst he adapted.

The important thing is to have depth of quality options. That's what signing Sanchez will do. It'll take some pressure off Sterling/Sane in particular and give is incredible strength in depth in those attacking areas.

This is what Pep has been working towards.
The attacking players who do all the damage need to be at 100% for that explosive speed and/or strength to have the ultimate impact.
Full backs and forward 5 players will be rotated all season.
If you play fantasy football you might want to take this in consideration. :-D

For a 22yo he delivered more than enough. If in 1-2 years he manages to develop his all around game, then we made a very good business with him.

For a 22yo he delivered more than enough. If in 1-2 years he manages to develop his all around game, then we made a very good business with him.
I'm just worried that he won't, as he has improved very, very little since his Liverpool days IMO. Would love nothing more than seeing him become world class, but I can't see that ATM.

Ideally we'll rotate, but the evidence of last season was that we were way behind Chelsea and found it very difficult to beat defensive teams at home. I think we'll be forced to play our strongest team in most games. I'd be very surprised if Sane and jesus don't start 30 plus league games. Pressure is on everyone though. Ideal. Not sure it's feasible if Sanchez signs. One player would surely get shut out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.