Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

So months after the EU said the sequence for talks will be divorce first, trade and future relations second and the UK stated no way and it will cause the mother of all rows we have on day 1 an agreement on the sequence for talks which is....(drum roll please). Divorce first, trade and future relations second. Cracking start by Davis.

So months after the EU said the sequence for talks will be divorce first, trade and future relations second and the UK stated no way and it will cause the mother of all rows we have on day 1 an agreement on the sequence for talks which is....(drum roll please). Divorce first, trade and future relations second. Cracking start by Davis.
Whats the problem? I've not looked into any of that but it looks like the logical sequence in a time restricted negotiation? I'm sure there will be overlap - we should be finding areas of agreement first in any case to get those matters out the way and save time for what could be tricky negotiations.

Should the Rep. not take a special part in these talks more than the other EU countries considering the NI border and CTA? Brexit inevitably means the Rep. have tricky talks too, not just with us (I think we'd be mutual on matters though) but other EU countries.

That's because the EU have set their stall out from the very first day. We won't be given a better deal than we have already. We have fuck all to bargain with and we will take what they give us or at the end of 2 years we get thrown out on WTO terms. That's the long and the short of it.

That's because the EU have set their stall out from the very first day. We won't be given a better deal than we have already. We have fuck all to bargain with and we will take what they give us or at the end of 2 years we get thrown out on WTO terms. That's the long and the short of it.

But fear not, as long as we keep them immigrants out and sing Rule Britannia loud enough everything will be bloody marvelous.

Purely anecdotal but nearly every leaver I've spoken too since a few months after the vote, mostly my dad's side of the family, are all coming to the realisation they may have dropped a massive bollock. On the other hand I know not a single remainer who 'just wants us to get on with it' and leave. Another couple of years of the reality really sinking in during these negotiations and by the time Davis comes out with what will certainly be a bollocks deal the majority will want no part of it.

Whats the problem? I've not looked into any of that but it looks like the logical sequence in a time restricted negotiation? I'm sure there will be overlap - we should be finding areas of agreement first in any case to get those matters out the way and save time for what could be tricky negotiations.

Should the Rep. not take a special part in these talks more than the other EU countries considering the NI border and CTA? Brexit inevitably means the Rep. have tricky talks too, not just with us (I think we'd be mutual on matters though) but other EU countries.

There is no problem. Except Davis, May et al spent months arguing/threatening the opposite. Davis said last month that the EU's proposed sequencing would provoke 'the row of the summer'. Instead they caved in the first 5 minutes. Some fucking row.

What it demonstrates is the the UK is going to get dry fucked repeatedly over the next two years which will surprise no one with half a brain. Admittedly this does rule out our Brexit negotiating team.

But fear not, as long as we keep them immigrants out and sing Rule Britannia loud enough everything will be bloody marvelous.

Purely anecdotal but nearly every leaver I've spoken too since a few months after the vote, mostly my dad's side of the family, are all coming to the realisation they may have dropped a massive bollock. On the other hand I know not a single remainer who 'just wants us to get on with it' and leave. Another couple of years of the reality really sinking in during these negotiations and by the time Davis comes out with what will certainly be a bollocks deal the majority will want no part of it.

yep everyone who voted leave want all immigrants out...... i know remain voters who wished they voted voted leave, so whats your point ? its literally the first day and most of things discussed were more then likely the first things to get sorted out.

yep everyone who voted leave wants all immigrants out...... i know remain voters who wished they voted voted leave, so whats your point ? its literally the first day and most of things discussed were more then likely the first things to get sorted out.

I would *love* to hear the reasoning of someone who voted remain who now wants to leave. I don't suppose you have an example? I cannot think of a single thing that has transpired since the vote that hasn't been along the lines of leaving looking like a huge mistake.

I would *love* to hear the reasoning of someone who voted remain who now wants to leave. I don't suppose you have an example? I cannot think of a single thing that has transpired since the vote that hasn't been along the lines of leaving looking like a huge mistake.

the people i know who voted remain were on the fence about remaining anyway. its not as if the eu is some amazing thing is it. you always thought it was a mistake anyway, even if talks go amazing and we get a good deal you wouldn't be happy.

yep everyone who voted leave want all immigrants out...... i know remain voters who wished they voted voted leave, so whats your point ? its literally the first day and most of things discussed were more then likely the first things to get sorted out.

Really? They were more than likely the first things to get sorted out?

So why did Davis reject this now agreed timetable only a month ago? He stated it massively disadvantaged the UK. Does it no longer disadvantage the UK? Was he lying a month ago or now? Or is he a clueless idiot who confidently stated that within months of a vote to leave he would have signed a huge bi-lateral trade deal with Germany.

Spoiler. Germany cannot sign bi-lateral trade deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.