Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez would be a title-winning transfer. This is almost certainly an unpopular opinion to have, but I'd cash in on Sergio in order to sign Sanchez. I feel that Sergio will not get a lot of game time next season, particularly if we sign Sanchez.

The way I see it, there are four main options for the forward three (with our current players) next season:

Sane - Aguero/Jesus - B. Silva
Sane - Aguero - Jesus
Sterling - Aguero/Jesus - B. Silva
Sane - Aguero - Sterling

Buying Sanchez would likely mean that in big games, Bernardo Silva, Sterling and one of Aguero and Jesus would be on the bench. This would not only stunt their development but would also be bad for team morale. A big squad with a lot of competition for places is a good thing, but you can only have a certain amount of rotation and there comes a point where it becomes counterproductive.
No way B. Silva will be on the bench. He is so quality. In my opinion he will play more as a CM, AMC and 2 of Sane, Alexis and Sterling will be on the wings

The way I see it, there are four main options for the forward three (with our current players) next season:

Sane - Aguero/Jesus - B. Silva
Sane - Aguero - Jesus
Sterling - Aguero/Jesus - B. Silva
Sane - Aguero - Sterling

Buying Sanchez would likely mean that in big games, Bernardo Silva, Sterling and one of Aguero and Jesus would be on the bench. This would not only stunt their development but would also be bad for team morale. A big squad with a lot of competition for places is a good thing, but you can only have a certain amount of rotation and there comes a point where it becomes counterproductive.

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest B.Silva drops deeper in a rotation with De Bruyne and Merlin. Then Sanchez takes the right wing spot in your suggested formations and when it's Sterling's turn to play, move Sanchez to left wing and give Sane a rest or play 3 at the back and have an extra attacker.

In other words I think we can accommodate 1 more attacker, 2 would be near on impossible without selling someone.

Maybe, but then someone else among Sane, David Silva and De Bruyne would be dropped. There's no way around how difficult it will be to keep everyone happy with their playing time even as is (without Sanchez)
Agreed, at the end of next season it's quite possible we'll have one or two that might want to move for more playing time.

I think that Sterling will be a sub next season. He has so much talent but to be considered a top top player you have to be able to finish...and sadly that is where he is most lacking.

Not sure if serious.

Why? Did you not see what happened last season? Whether you like it or not, Pep clearly prefers Jesus as the central striker. Now imagine if he is forced to choose 2 out of Jesus, Sanchez, Sergio and Sterling. It's not difficult to see how Sergio is going to struggle for game time.

Why? Did you not see what happened last season? Whether you like it or not, Pep clearly prefers Jesus as the central striker. Now imagine if he is forced to choose 2 out of Jesus, Sanchez, Sergio and Sterling. It's not difficult to see how Sergio is going to struggle for game time.
Why ?? He was superb towards the back end of the season and he showed exactly what Pep wanted of him.Some of your recent comments on various threads are simply so infuriating and I do wonder if you`re just trying to wind people up.

Not a chance Aguero will be struggling for game time, unless he plays like shit, which is looking pretty unlikely the way he finished the season.

All the attacking players will have to accept being rested & Jesus will have to play as a wide striker on some occasions, to accomodate playing next to Aguero.

We wil probably see two up front in some games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.