Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some people just refuse to acknowledge the reality in front of them. I provided substantial evidence to back my claim that he is unlikely, on the basis of last season, to be given sufficient game time. Furthermore, signing Sanchez would further limit his game time. This really isn't rocket science. If Sanchez plays then either Jesus or Sergio sits on the bench. What don't you understand about this? It's like communicating with an inanimate object. You don't listen to reason and you don't consider the evidence. I didn't even enter Bernardo and Sterling into this equation, which will even further limit his game time.

It seems to be a widely held view on here that if we were to sign Mbappe in addition to Sanchez then Sergio would be sold. Now, why would it be Sergio that is sold? Why not Jesus? You see, subconsciously, most people acknowledge that Jesus will be given substantially more game time. Whether they come to admit that is another matter. In a vain attempt to validate your argument you point to a couple of games at the tail end of the season. And from this you are able to ridiculously conclude that Sergio will get lots of game time? It's madness. You ignore 98% of the season and draw your conclusions from a couple of performances against teams that were already on holiday.

In the big games Pep preferred not to play Sergio last season and he is therefore even more unlikely to select him next season if he is given further options in attack. This is a logical assertion. It follows the evidence and is backed up by sound reasoning. It is not petulant insult, as if that somehow proves anything other than your inability to construct a single reasoned argument.

So anybody that doesn't share your opinion is a rag in disguise? This is where the discussion ends. You resort to sly insults because you failed to make a reasoned argument in support of your view. Go argue with children, where you may have better success.
WOW the irony in that post.Top drawer.

The one position where we really don't have a lot of competition is out left, where Sane appears to be undroppable given his performances. Whilst Sanchez could possibly play there, I don't think that he could in Pep's system, where the wide players are asked to stay out wide during the buildup. It will be interesting to see if Bernardo can play there.
Good post.
Two points:
- Sane is very a very one-footed genuine RW, I guess he'll return to his natural position sooner or later (not sure for this to happen next season though). It'll free up the LW position even more.
-I'm 99% sure that Bernardo was signed to play mostly centrally, it's KdB who is more likely to be shifted wide or moved further upfield (RM/RW is his best position for crosses). With the addition of Walker it starts to make sense.

My current guess is that Alexis will replace Sterling in the main starting 11 (Sane-Jesus-Alexis or Alexis-Jesus-Sane).

My reasoning was based on Sanchez playing mostly on the right and occasionally centrally. They are obviously given the freedom to shuffle around in the final third, but Jesus seems to be much more effective centrally and I think that Pep has recognised this. Sterling, who can really only play on the right, will get some game time. As will Bernardo, who some people seem to have forgotten about. Considering all of this, we can conclude that Jesus, Sergio and Sanchez will be competing for the central position, with all three competing with Bernardo and Sterling out right. That's a lot of competition and, even when considering the number of games, I think it extremely likely that Sergio will receive significantly less game time than both Jesus and Sanchez.

The one position where we really don't have a lot of competition is out left, where Sane appears to be undroppable given his performances. Whilst Sanchez could possibly play there, I don't think that he could in Pep's system, where the wide players are asked to stay out wide during the buildup. It will be interesting to see if Bernardo can play there.

Sorry mate, just to make it clear, you're saying that Sanchez can't play on the left of a pep system??? Caution our kid (:

Good post.
Two points:
- Sane is very a very one-footed genuine RW, I guess he'll return to his natural position sooner or later (not sure for this to happen next season though). It'll free up the LW position even more.
-I'm 99% sure that Bernardo was signed to play mostly centrally, it's KdB who is more likely to be shifted wide or moved further upfield (RM/RW is his best position for crosses). With the addition of Walker it starts to make sense.

I thought that Sane is left-footed. Why would he play on the right (unless I have misunderstood)?
In any case, I genuinely hope that he stays on the left. You can see every game that the opposition defenders are terrified to defend one-on-one. Even when the CB moves out wide they struggle. And, when that does happen, they leave space inside for the other attackers to move into. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, and he doesn't even need to improve that much in order to get there. I read the pundits comparing him to Bale, but I reckon that he could become even better.

I'm not really sure where Bernardo will play. My initial thought was that he will play more centrally in a David Silva kind of role. However, having watched some of his games for Monaco, and having read what Pep said about him, I think that he is likely to play on the right as a winger at least some of the time. It will be interesting to see how Pep uses him anyway. We have three really top quality creative midfielders to call upon now.

I thought that Sane is left-footed. Why would he play on the right (unless I have misunderstood)?
In any case, I genuinely hope that he stays on the left. You can see every game that the opposition defenders are terrified to defend one-on-one. Even when the CB moves out wide they struggle. And, when that does happen, they leave space inside for the other attackers to move into. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, and he doesn't even need to improve that much in order to get there. I read the pundits comparing him to Bale, but I reckon that he could become even better.

I'm not really sure where Bernardo will play. My initial thought was that he will play more centrally in a David Silva kind of role. However, having watched some of his games for Monaco, and having read what Pep said about him, I think that he is likely to play on the right as a winger at least some of the time. It will be interesting to see how Pep uses him anyway. We have three really top quality creative midfielders to call upon now.

Only reason we've played with a leftie on the left and a rightie on the right is cos we simply don't have the FBs to overlap in the way Pep usually asks his players to do, so we've done it as a compromise. With FBs coming in that can overlap we'll defo see inverted wingers again.

Sorry mate, just to make it clear, you're saying that Sanchez can't play on the left of a pep system??? Caution our kid (:

Sanchez is right footed. All right-footed wingers want to cut inside when playing on the left. This is exactly what he does time after time for Arsenal. Look how Pep instructed Sterling not to cut inside during the buildup. It's exactly the same with Sanchez. Perhaps I was to assertive. Once we have a proper left-back that is able to run up the pitch and provide width then he may be given the freedom to cut inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.