Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels exactly like the Laporte episode

Potential to fuck up our defense for another season OR scupper the Alexis deal if we have to now spend a tonne more for a second RB

My concern is we start panicking and end up bringing in bang average just to fill the void for a season i.e. Mancini post title win.

Those fullbacks would have had to have been moved in regardless, they were simply not good enough anymore.

It was always going to be a gamble, but I think our biggest issue is the fee's. For me I think we have set £40m caps on fullbacks this season otherwise we would have got a few in by now.

However when Monaco and Spurs want close to £50m for Mendy and Walker that is a huge chunk of our budget gone, ans that not including the back up left and right backs needed for those two.

In all honesty to put a cap of the amount you are going to spend on fullbacks when we knew we were clearing the old ones out, and the fact that the new TV deal kicked in which the whole footballing world knew about, is a little disrespectful to the teams we are approaching.

We just need to make a statement and get the defence sorted asap so they get time to gel

I imagine Guardiola and Begiristain will both be furious. A bit of a fuck up on our behalf though, we should have got something signed rather than taking his word for it.

Maxwell Scherrer,Thiago Silva & Marquinhos are close friends with Alves.It has been a decisive point for his arrival in Paris
This is the reality.

The lad has signed up to a club in the City where his wife works and his mates play - they were simply a more attractive proposition for him.

It isnt the fault of Pep,Txiki,or any of the 'ITK'S' - its just life unfortunately.

So are we.

To be honest, he should be livid with Alves more than anyone – if he had verbally agreed to Pep to join us , the it's a proper ****'s trick to do what he's done, without giving us the chance to counter-offer... guess him and Pep are not as close as Pep thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.