Txiki Begiristain

eh? Did he secure a fantastic prospect that no-one else knew about? Did he secure a knock-down deal? Did he persuade someone to join us that really didn't want to leave his existing club? He's done his job, but well played? I don't think so
Well seeing that far too many bellends over the last few days have been giving him grief I can only assume YOU were one of them.

We can reassess once the transfer window closes but for all of the grief he's been getting we're streets ahead of what our rivals have achieved so far this window. We've significantly strengthened and there's clearly more to come.

Bit of an overpay for a 27 year old RB imo. I'm sure he'll be good but we might only get 3 good years out of him with his style of play. Can't really complain though, the team is far improved already. Can't wait for Mendy to be signed. The amount of attacking build-ups we had last season that petered out because of Clichy being able to do nothing etc.

Well seeing that far too many bellends over the last few days have been giving him grief I can only assume YOU were one of them.

depends what you call grief, not really. But in all seriousness and without resorting to playground name-calling, do you think he's done an outstanding job getting Walker for £45m? Maybe we just have different opinions of what a good job is. Again, really no need for name-calling though was there.

People thinking txiki isn't the best negotiator ain't bellends, the fact is Walker has wanted to leave for 2-3 months, that should have given us some negotiating power for a fee more like his worth (which isn't 50m) .
For me Levy has got the deal he wanted, we could have paid this weeks ago and had him already training.

Txiki has done his job no more, nowt spectacular, good on him, but either slagging him or praising him is pointless as he has done his job, which is all we can ask.

depends what you call grief, not really. But in all seriousness and without resorting to playground name-calling, do you think he's done an outstanding job getting Walker for £45m? Maybe we just have different opinions of what a good job is. Again, really no need for name-calling though was there.
Asked before is it Txiki's job to negotiate a price ? Genuine question as DOF I would think his job is to identify and persuade players / agents, not negotiate a fee with the clubs, and decide on budgets.

OK, for those criticising him, out of those working in an equivalent job at our main rivals, who has done better so far this window?

If you don't think walking away from a deal with Spurs for Walker at just £15m more than Michael Keane cost Everton (in the last year of his contract) was a good deal than you'll never think anythings a good deal.

We can reassess once the transfer window closes but for all of the grief he's been getting we're streets ahead of what our rivals have achieved so far this window. We've significantly strengthened and there's clearly more to come.
I am expecting all those detractors to demonstrate how 'big' they are and for them to come onto this thread to admit they were wrong

Should I hold my breath

It does annoy me that people don`t understand what goes on with transfers.As was pointed out to us yesterday and today,that twat Levy moved the goalposts and wanted more than we have now paid.Perhaps some fans just want Txiki to fall no matter what and if I call them bellends then yes thats my opinion of them.Easiest job in the world to give shit out to people when the reality is they have no understanding of whats behind a transfer,the number of people involved including CEO`s and their side-kicks,agents,lawyers,accountants and the likes.
Has he done an outstanding job ? He`s done a very good job in what I suspect were very difficult circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.