Centre back options

Assuming options 1,2 & 3 were VVD,Bonucci and Iñigo Martinez..1 seems difficult,2 is no longer an option so Iñigo it is then.

I have a feeling we will end up with Martinez.

Not at the buyout though.
If it indeed comes to Iñigo,think we'd have no problems triggering his 27 M £ RC.Lingering doubts about his height,but he is technically alright so could see why we'd be interested.Nothing spectacular but he is solid.

Because Sakho has been a far better performer than Mangala in this league!
I'm not sayin Sakho is a world beater by any stretch, I'm just sayin I would rather have him as an option over Mangala

Sakho found some form at Palace but there is a reason he went there on loan in the first place, other than being unreliable and thus pissing Klopp off

So Sam Lee is also saying we would sell Otamendi if we decide to buy another CB. I'd hope it would be a top class CB and not someone like Inigo Martinez. I think Otamendi is better than Martinez. Or at best, it would be a sideways move.

Also makes you think of Kolarov's worth....is the plan to replace Kolarov next summer with his contract running out? With a new signing or perhaps Tosin? Or will he get an extension? I could think of worse 4th choice CB's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.