Centre back options

When you think what we paid for Stones or Mangala then AC Milan have an absolute bargain

That's nothing ...look who Pep has lined up as a target man up front

tyrion-lannister-peter-dinklage-game-of-thrones.jpg

are you sure he did a great job in defence of the title?

When you think what we paid for Stones or Mangala then AC Milan have an absolute bargain
It's not a bargain. It's fair price. We simply overpaid. That's why all the talk of "the Market" is laughable. The market is generally fine. A few teams just tend to overpay often. Unfortunately we are one of those teams. Hence why a great swat of our fandom take up the "it is not my money/I don care about price" stance... But wait till there rags overpay and a lot of the "I don't care about the money" folks tend to get giddy at the rags overpaying.

Personally I don't give a shit about the rags or what they pay. I kinda do abut us though. For example, all over twitter, Spurs fans to a man, all thought they should have gotten more for Walker. We fucking paid a World Record fee for a fullback and these fucks think we didn't pay enough. There argument. Well see what they paid for Stones and Mangala who weren't established when they got them, therefore we should be getting almost double that for the "best fullback" in the league.

Reputation! It's why I flap when we overpay. Not for that instance but how it will definitely affect future negotiations. It's hard to shed the reputation of the overpaying team. I hope the goal is to take it now, but make the team so attractive be winning a lot that years from now players will force their way to come join the team.

Anyway to get back on topic here, the absence of Otamendi in the practice videos is a little strange. I think he might be off to Madrid :( We are going to need a stud to cover the gulf he'll be leaving in our defense if that is the case. :(

Reputation! It's why I flap when we overpay. Not for that instance but how it will definitely affect future negotiations. It's hard to shed the reputation of the overpaying team.
Although all teams who are successful and are trying to prise away players from unwilling sellers will tend to overpay I think we are overpaying now less than we used to relative to the market.
Walker is the leading Right back in the premier league playing for title contenders with a full contract he will always command a premium price. Compare with Lescott, Milner and Bellamy who although good and useful players were never in that league but we paid very large prices for.

Reputation! It's why I flap when we overpay. Not for that instance but how it will definitely affect future negotiations. It's hard to shed the reputation of the overpaying team. I hope the goal is to take it now, but make the team so attractive be winning a lot that years from now players will force their way to come join the team.

:(

I think this is the aim, and the club are making progress on this front. Initially after the takeover we were effectively paying a tariff for not having prestige of the biggest clubs in Europe. As we get closer to joining the top European clubs now a player like Yaya who was signed on huge wages is staying on reduced wages to play for us. We are gradually clearing out the high earners who don't warrant them and generally signing younger players on lower wages with the possibility of upwards mobility if earned. I think the Sheikh is in for the long haul so and I think he will accept the club still in an growing and investing phase. Also its great to see although the club isn't running as efficiently as it could currently, the long term infrastructure being put in is first class. The development of the academy, the campus, women's teams as well as partnership clubs in top tier leagues will maximise our chance of long term self sufficiency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.