Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh. Most BM-ers would be exactly the same if they were working for these media outlets.

I read a report on how City were more popular viewing in the USA than United, basically because we play the more entertaining football.

Our relationship with Girona (they are pretty much our B team) will solve the problem of how to bridge the gap between the academy and the 1st team. And our academy is the best or one of the best in the world.

The scouting we are doing across the world and the young players we are buying sooner or later is going to pay off big time.

The City group owns an increasing number of clubs around the world. The profit on Aaron Mooy shows how that can pay off. As well as better local support and scouting.

When we bought Gabriel Jesus it put down a little marker that might have been missed by many. Every big club in the world wanted to sign him: Barca, Bayern, R Madrid, Liverpool, United etc. Why? He just happens to be the best striker in the world of his age. Give it a year or two and you can drop the age bit, he'll be the best striker in the world. Maybe Mbappe will be able to give him a run for his money but the point is City were able to get the best available player ahead of every other club.

So the media indulges in racist fuelled bile against our club. So what? When we beat the scum 1 - 6 at their place Alan Hansen had to admit publicly on the TV we were a good team. He didn't want to and it hurt him to do so.

These guys have no idea what is coming. They are going to wind up writing articles about how good City are because there's going to be nothing left to write about. I don't even care. As long as I see some decent footy I'll be happy because that's what it's about really.

Great, great sports story on 5Live this morning.

'David Beckham was in attendance as Man Utd unveiled their new signings in a 5-2 win v LA Galaxy'

Real groundbreaking stuff there......

Edit - it's now the third story on their sports headlines - actually reported above the Silverstone Grand Prix. Priceless.

Done with SSN. No City news but shit loads of adverts (usually Sky related and betting stuff). Lost ALL interest in the shite. Sticking with BeIN - it's nowhere near as biased.
done with SSN a few years back, don't watch it anymore. Only the games and switch off before the rag pundits begin their nonsense.

Agreed, not for the first time either. Not sure why he gets so much stick on here.

Link for the lazy

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...r-news/man-city-transfer-news-walker-13336546
Brennan refers to a Paul Merson comment in that article but the comment I remember but only 85% certain it was Merson was an exasperated announcement deriding City's spending, I think motivated by City chasing the purchase of an Arsenal star and Merson saying why would they want to join that team, what have those players won? City's team included at the time a number of players who had won a World Cup, Champions League and other major competitions. Still got the coffee stained trousers that I was wearing at the time.

Regarding the Oliver Holt article in todays mail where he confesses to be a rag supporter, there is not one mention of the Wilf Bony twin costing at least 90 million. He gives it large about Kyle costing 54 M as being a ridiculous amount for an ordinary player but NOTHING about what the rags have paid. The word CRAZY is used about the deal - agenda or what ?

What a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.