Chelsea after Sergio

It's heartbreaking to see what has become of my profession in the last 15 years.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed by it in equal measure.

Journalistic standards continue to be driven down by the commercial realities of social media and the drive to employ a a generation of 'reporters' who wouldn't know how to cultivate a contacts book if their very existence depended on it.

Shameful.
Journalism is dead, it's a redundant profession

So if someone offered a WR fee, they would snub it is what your saying? I want him to stay, but believe we are run by businessmen who are very good and knowing when to buy and sell

One factor I think you are missing, mate. Pep.

He got stung when chucking out one favourite and bringing in a pet of his own, who flopped dismally. Pep himself rode a mediocre season on the twin basis of reputation and optimism.

This year he needs to win trophies. No excuses. To ditch Kun would be a hugely bigger gamble than Hart. If he did that and bombed again, a load of Blues would be on his back, never mind the Press.

I don't believe he would risk it.

On the basis that every goal he scored for them would feel like a goal conceded by us, I'm guessing this is not going to be allowed to happen.

Journalism is dead, it's a redundant profession

It's annoying as hell that the Beeb- have used our money to pay for that arse Stone to follow United on their pre season tour - yet again. No shortage of his sycophantic nonsense on the BBC and Twitter as a result. He's not a journalist he's just a fan being paid to follow his team and write bias stories. Do the Beeb send someone to accompany other teams on their preseason tours? Of course not.

The people get what the people want.

A generation of snowflakes who want it hard and fast, not having the time or the inclination to sit down and read something in any real depth.

Video killed the radio star, so the song goes.

The internet is an amazing advancement, but we live in the cult of personality, which includes 'journalists' who feel it is more important to be a celebrity brand than actually be good at the job.

You only have to see the march of the pundits who are now classed as journalists, simply because they played the game.

Fcukin excellent post. Even worse, the choices they make among the pundits are fcukin lamentable. A few favoured ones get the gig, no matter how ill-informed, bitter, boring, bland or inarticulate.

One factor I think you are missing, mate. Pep.

He got stung when chucking out one favourite and bringing in a pet of his own, who flopped dismally. Pep himself rode a mediocre season on the twin basis of reputation and optimism.

This year he needs to win trophies. No excuses. To ditch Kun would be a hugely bigger gamble than Hart. If he did that and bombed again, a load of Blues would be on his back, never mind the Press.

I don't believe he would risk it.
I think Pep would back his own opinion on whether or not he wants a player over a fans favourite. He was quite happy to get rid of big names at Barca. I just don't think he has any particular desire to sell Aguero and he has stated as much himself.

Darren Lewis is one of the worst KFA Journo's out there, Every time i hear the guy talk he tries too hard to come over intelligent and ITK and fails miserably ! Can't stand the cnut and he actually makes me squirm when he talks. If he is what passes for a sports/football journalist then the bar has been set very low.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.