Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only my opinion but maybe the club are awaiting the possibility of signing Mbappe and if given the green light with him then Sanchez is off

No chance with Mbappe then we will up our offer for Sanchez.

Does seem strange that eh fella.. Maybe they put a new contract offer to Alexis but he was waiting to see how CL qualification went before signing..

we all know that scenario went tits up.

I genuinely don't think this will happen unless we put in a ridiculous offer that they can't refuse. If they do sell, they will lose a great deal of credibility. At the least, it will play out through brinksmanship until the end of the window leaving us no time to implement a plan B if they don't sell. Peps comments yesterday didn't really ring true. Yes our problems last year were that GJ was injured but that could easily happen next season. With Kelechi leaving we definitely need a potential 20 goal a season striker which is what Sanchez would give us. At the moment I think there is a 25% chance of this happening. We need to run a plan B in parallel now I think.

Yeah whatever - yet apparently they're going into this season with the same strategy, gambling on champs' league qualification.

Saddleworth2 - the credibility thing is interesting and is where, I think, most gooners are under a misapprehension. They don't mind losing £50m because it hurts them less than losing a player to a club they consider as a rival. I very much doubt Kronke sees it that way. And back to my original point - the ball is in Arsenals court and sure enough, they're the only ones flapping their lips in the media.

Only my opinion but maybe the club are awaiting the possibility of signing Mbappe and if given the green light with him then Sanchez is off

The selling of Morata will see RM intent.

I was also wondering if the delay with Mendy is not haggling over fee but more Monaco waiting to see what happpens with Mbappe, Lamar etc.,

Don't know, we've had plenty of decent results against you lately , I don't remember commenting on it here, but for me giving it the big un after a result is normal, it's banter, it's how football should be. Being racist, abusive, violent, singing about the dead, that's when I draw the line on football fans.
You should be glad you're on such an enlightened forum then. If I went on Arseweb or whatever it's called, having a bit of fun with the Ruperts after this, I'm sure I'd last all of 5 mins...and I'd deserve a slap for going on there rather than celebrating with my own.

fanscity.gif

I think that's a distinct possibility, and may explain Wengers comments about not being so sure that we're in for Sanchez. You know, with him being so close to the Mbappe situation...

What do you think of the current situation with sanchez then, would you rather he stayed for one season and then get nowt or get the cash re -invest and re-build now.

I can see arguments for both sides to be honest. I keep reading its the best business decision to sell to the highest bidder, which of course it is, & as pointed out on here, if there's 1 club er's on the side of caution & is careful with regards finances it's Arsenal, & that's what is keeping this deal alive because we've cashed in in the past.

However, would it be that bad if we made a football decision first for once? I keep reading about it will be detrimental to keep an unhappy player, but then i think of what Suarez did at Liverpool, Schneiderlin did at Southampton, after they were a lot more vocal about leaving & had to stay another season, & once they got back playing with the squad it was soon forgotten & they got their move the following year. The same looks like happening this season to Naby Keita, & perhaps Van Dijk. There's also guys like Lewandowski who had to play out their last season. Countless examples.

Would it be better to take the money & reinvest just now? Perhaps. I'm not privvy to the finances mind you. Can we afford to get a Thomas Lemar for example in just now, & give him the season to bed in, where he isn't under pressure straight away as the Sanchez replacement? We do need more depth, because it's a fair drop off in quality in the 2 behind the striker once you get past Sanchez & Ozil.

We also need to think about the knock on effect for the rest of the squad. As Bring Back Swales pointed out, we do have a few who's contract is up 2018. We will defo be hoping to renew Ramsey, Ozil & Ox at least, (Mertesacker is already retiring, Cazorla we can't rely on, Gibbs & Wilshere we might look to sell). That's another aspect, who we can sell this window to bring in some funds / free up some wages. Szczesny, Ospina, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere, Lucas, Giroud could all go this window. That's potentially £80M+ and ~£600k of the wage bill.

I've not even mentioned the effect keeping a top class player like Sanchez should have on the team playing wise. Basically, what i'm trying to say, is that people keep saying it's a straight business decision, take the money now or lose him for nothing next year, & what i'm trying to point out is that it's a lot more complicated a decision than that, with lots of factors coming into play. Many think with us dropping out the Champions League, & many in the squad who's future is uncertain, that should make Sanchez leaving easier. However, Wenger will want to keep some continuity at this uncertain stage, so i'd argue because of these factors it will make it more difficult for Wenger to let him leave.

Last edited:
Well no fooker will pay for Giroud haha! Free it is.

I'm pretty sure Everton want to buy him for £25M, and he's wanted by at least Lyon & Marseille in his homeland, so i'm sure your a bit off there.

I'd like to keep him to be honest, showed last season what an asset he is off the bench, scored a number of late equaliser's & winners.

You should be glad you're on such an enlightened forum then. If I went on Arseweb or whatever it's called, having a bit of fun with the Ruperts after this, I'm sure I'd last all of 5 mins...and I'd deserve a slap for going on there rather than celebrating with my own.

fanscity.gif

Well Ive been here for a couple of weeks, been called a wanker, a cock, a prick, and banned from this thread for a week for suggesting that Sanchez already signing for city and his shirts already getting printed while a media company in Manchester is putting together a highlight reel of his confederations cup performance in readiness for his official presentation last Saturday, was a load of bollox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.