Benjamin Mendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason why we let these things happen. I cant see the benefit of not announcing and letting them "own" the narrative. Unless we see ourselves as above all that , or want to curry favour perhaps re another signing?

maybe we don't care about our own narrative. We get the player we want, we stay in good terms with the club we might know on their doors again, khm, khm.

Monaco is selling quite a few players after great season they had. Not sure their fans are very excited about so club needs to be seen as though.

I'm not saying I completely buy what tolmie said but it's possibility.

The point is if we had signed him straight away PSG would not have had a sniff
I understand your point. I'm sure City wanted the deal over the line as soon as possible. I'm sure it was Alves who delayed signing the contract and got a better offer. (Speculation of course). But what can you do with multi millionaires? "Make them an offer they can't refuse..?"

It is the best scenario when those 4 full backs were all past it, we will be a completely different side with 4 very good attacking full backs.

Agreed but we should have moved earlier on a couple of them.

It will take time to gel but provided we are more clinical this season in front of goal it will be a good one.

Did we deliberately drag our feet then?

This is what's getting me, there seems to be this idea that we just sat around for a few weeks scratching our bollocks, saying 'it'll be fine, don't worry, all in good time'.

Do people honestly believe that the club are not doing everything in their power to get these deals over the line as quickly as possible?

I think the Monaco complaint was a negotiation ploy to scare them and nothing else. Sadly, we fell for it or it might seem like that. But we move on, if we get Mendy, fine, if not, next please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.