Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez's agent is a pain the arse and it's absolutely true that Paris want him both him and Neymar. What happens next is anyone's guess. I don't think anyone expected PSG to be this aggressive. City will have to decide how they want to play this next because we could find ourselves in a situation where for all the assurances Pep has been given by the player, the finances just become unworkable because of what PSG are offering.

Not done by any stretch of the imagination but I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious.

Sanchez's agent is a pain the arse and it's absolutely true that Paris want him both him and Neymar. What happens next is anyone's guess. I don't think anyone expected PSG to be this aggressive. City will have to decide how they want to play this next because we could find ourselves in a situation where for all the assurances Pep has been given by the player, the finances just become unworkable because of what PSG are offering.

Not done by any stretch of the imagination but I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious.
Haha, told you I wasn't confident mate. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like time to give him a deadline and to start getting plan b into readiness. Could it be Arsenal are saying he can go to PSG but if he wants us Arsenal will take the hit and keep him, whatever the consequences.

the amount we would have to pay to land him at 28 we may as well fork out what Monaco want for Mbappe and get twice as long out of him

the amount we would have to pay to land him at 28 we may as well fork out what Monaco want for Mbappe and get twice as long out of him
Different players. I think we really need Sanchez because for all our attacking prowess we just seem to lack a player who is completely impossible to handle and also lethal when played into space. Sane and Sterling are clever and dangerous but still very wasteful. Mbappe seems like more of a pure scorer to me, someone who will finish a move started by a player like Sanchez taking on a man or making the correct incisive pass in the box

Why its a bonus ?? We want to win the chempions league and we need these world class players !! If PSG will sign Neymar and Sanchez they will be favorite and thats because they are getting world class players like Madtid And Barca (neymar and suarez) did ! Signing Sanchez is must for us!!
Signing Sanchez will not garentee us winning the champions league!, obviously will give us a better chance for sure but u can't say signing him will win us the European cup. For me winning the premier league should be our priority and I don't think we need him that much for that nor in Europe. 50 million for him on his last year at his age is to much, doubt we would get that for Sergio even now.

I'm not one to flap, but I'd rather see us just bring in Tevez again on a short term deal and then see if he's on the market next year.

Not doubting his ability or how he would benefit us.. But it'd be a short term fix, say 2-3 years. It's just not a transfer that's ever got me excited in all honesty, not sure why but it hasn't. If we got him great, if not 'meh'.
For me we need to be looking at younger talent, players who are the next big thing. Think Luiz, Jesus, Sané etc these are the types we should be headhunting (those we have obviously but as an example). So I'm just not convinced we're as all over Sanchez as has been made out.
I've said it a few times but I'm convinced we're all out for Mbappé & Sanchez is a bonus if it happens. I'm also starting to think the openness of the Sanchez move & knowing PSG are likely to target our targets, is a very shroud move by City! Get PSG going all out on our 'main target' while really we deal with Monaco for the younger (19year old) up & coming superstar who will be around for 5+ years in a City shirt. It also keeps Arsenal busy trying to keep the player, both these things give us a clear run at other targets.
Some see flapping & lack of movement but I'm starting to see some very clever smoke & mirrors... Just hope I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.