Government ban on Petrol and Diesel vehicles (by 2040)

bluethrunthru

The Government have announced that they intend to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040.

Unless someone comes up with an alternative fuel car that you can re-fill with a 300 to 500 mile range in about 10 minutes for around £50 I'd say 2nd hand traditional cars values will rise.

Furthermore if they intend the future to be electric the new nuclear reactor is going to be worked pretty damn hard to "refill" all those 'leccy cars. Parking for free next to a powerpoint to "fill up" your electric LEAF or similar is going to get pretty difficult

The Government have announced that they intend to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040.

Unless someone comes up with an alternative fuel car that you can re-fill with a 300 to 500 mile range in about 10 minutes for around £50 I'd say 2nd hand traditional cars values will rise.

Furthermore if they intend the future to be electric the new nuclear reactor is going to be worked pretty damn hard to "refill" all those 'leccy cars. Parking for free next to a powerpoint to "fill up" your electric LEAF or similar is going to get pretty difficult
It won't be 50 quid though

It won't be 50 quid though

Of fucking course it won't - this could be either a bold move to force progress in the motor industry or a stunt to placate the courts with alleged action on pollution ( which is my guess ) - either way unless someone comes up with a way to put the range into a vehicle with the ease and at around the cost we have now it will never catch on. Could finish off the economy too which by 2040 should be showing signs of recovery from the effect of Brexit - just.

Of fucking course it won't - this could be either a bold move to force progress in the motor industry or a stunt to placate the courts with alleged action on pollution ( which is my guess ) - either way unless someone comes up with a way to put the range into a vehicle with the ease and at around the cost we have now it will never catch on. Could finish off the economy too which by 2040 should be showing signs of recovery from the effect of Brexit - just.
Did they burn your toast this morning?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.