Premier League Wins Anti-Piracy Court Order

Kodi is with the plugins installed pull all feeds from websites, its these websites they will try to shut down! Problem is one shuts down another 2 or 3 pop up.

Thanks, mate.

I'm not really the biggest geek when it comes to all things Internet.

Expect to see many more sites offering streams getting blocked by ISP and much quicker once they're identified by the PL. But ultimately as has already been said, as soon as a site is blocked, it'll have plenty of mirror sites working around ISP filters within days.

As the article says, they started this toward the end of last season. "That saw more then 5,000 server IP addresses blocked that had previously been streaming Premier League content." and I bet every one of the sites the PL looked to block is still accessible through UK ISP's right now one way or another.

Ultimately it probably wont mean an awful lot to random Joe streaming games, an odd person here and there could get action taken against them if the PL tries to flex their muscles but they're focused on cutting these things out at source (and it will probably be fruitless, mostly). Always best practice to stream behind a VPN though if you're worried.

Wouldn't mind the PL adopting an NFL Game Pass or MLB TV type service but I guess then their ability to command the crazy TV money they get now would probably be diminished somewhat.

Last edited:
I would happily pay to stream our games but it won't happen till they get rid of the not showing 3pm games rule,it makes no sense anymore
Yes it does, the rule is there to protect the smaller, lower division clubs and I hope it will always be like that.

There is more to life than the Premier League.

Yes it does, the rule is there to protect the smaller, lower division clubs and I hope it will always be like that.

There is more to life than the Premier League.

Does it really make that much difference though in this day and age? Even lower league football is pretty pricey to go and watch on a whim. How many people go and watch a lower league club at 3pm on a Saturday if City aren't playing? I'm more likely to go and watch a lower league team on an evening midweek than I am on a Saturday afternoon to be honest but even then it's not very often.

Does it really make that much difference though in this day and age? Even lower league football is pretty pricey to go and watch on a whim. How many people go and watch a lower league club at 3pm on a Saturday if City aren't playing? I'm more likely to go and watch a lower league team on an evening midweek than I am on a Saturday afternoon to be honest but even then it's not very often.
The supporters of said clubs don't go to watch them 'on a whim', they are their everything, they have put their heart and soul into following them, who are we to take away some of that support, just so they can watch the 'big boys' on tv? It's just wrong.

The supporters of said clubs don't go to watch them 'on a whim', they are their everything, they have put their heart and soul into following them, who are we to take away some of that support, just so they can watch the 'big boys' on tv? It's just wrong.

What are you talking about? Where did I say those clubs aren't their everything to their fans? They're not going to ditch watching their team if a premier league match is on at 3pm on a Saturday are they? They'll go and watch their team same as they always have. My point is I'm not sure there are significant numbers of the non committed spectators going to games who would stop going if they could watch the premier league on TV instead at 3pm on a Saturday. To be honest I'm not sure why fans of City or any other team should be blocked from watching the team they've 'put their heart and soul' into just because somebody who half heartedly goes to watch Rochdale might not bother if there's a match on TV.

What are you talking about? Where did I say those clubs aren't their everything to their fans? They're not going to ditch watching their team if a premier league match is on at 3pm on a Saturday are they? They'll go and watch their team same as they always have. My point is I'm not sure there are significant numbers of the non committed spectators going to games who would stop going if they could watch the premier league on TV instead at 3pm on a Saturday. To be honest I'm not sure why fans of City or any other team should be blocked from watching the team they've 'put their heart and soul' into just because somebody who half heartedly goes to watch Rochdale might not bother if there's a match on TV.
I guarantee you the so-called lesser clubs would be hundreds down on a gate if there was a big important Premier League match on at 3pm on a Saturday.

Who are we to do that? The smaller clubs need every penny they can get. As I said previously, the Premier League isn't the be-all and end-all of football in England.

The system works well at the moment, why should it be changed to appease fans that can't get off their arses and go to games? Yes, I know many cannot, but a great deal more, can, but don't.

We have it pretty good in the states. Up until this year, if you had NBC Sports you could watch or stream every game. Now they are charging $50 for the season to get them all. While not ideal, and I think they are hurting themselves, it still comes out to only about $6-$8 a month, which IMO, isn't bad.

The $50 is only to watch the games that are not on (Free)TV and are online. NBC state this will be approx. 3 games per club. So you're really paying $17 for those games. Not great if you only view it for City, and it'll be the games against low interest opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.