City's Global Fanbase

I am from China,been here for more than a year but didn't comment much due to my forum lurking habbit and my not fluent english.I know there is a devoted fanbase in China.The number is not large but is glowing each year. Most of them are at a very young age(teen to early twenties from what I observed).I am 33 this year so I am older among them.I follow city mostly because of Pep and his style of football.I watched almost every game last year and I plan to continue to do so this year.I like bluemoon and many of you guys.
Ok back to lurking.

Enjoy the Blue ride mate ..... you will love it.
I've got a feeling the next 10 years plus are going to be something else.

If you want a decent barometer, you only have to look in their previously infested heartland.

My lad plays in Sale and Timperley, on training nights, the City shirts are on a par these days with the United ones.

Altrincham was always a little enclave of blue but the amount of kids from about the age of seven upwards with City around Sale is unbelievable.

If you want a decent barometer, you only have to look in their previously infested heartland.

My lad plays in Sale and Timperley, on training nights, the City shirts are on a par these days with the United ones.

Altrincham was always a little enclave of blue but the amount of kids from about the age of seven upwards with City around Sale is unbelievable.

my daughter goes to school in Timperley and I've got to say it is still absolutely rag infested.

Not very scientific but been in Orlando last ten days and not seen huge numbers of football shirts but similar numbers of City and Utd.

Group of kids, not English, round pool yesterday wearing a worldwide range of replica shirts, none Rag but one latest City home shirt. Also soccer shop at Disney Springs selling both our home and away shirts.

Not very scientific but been in Orlando last ten days and not seen huge numbers of football shirts but similar numbers of City and Utd.

Group of kids, not English, round pool yesterday wearing a worldwide range of replica shirts, none Rag but one latest City home shirt. Also soccer shop at Disney Springs selling both our home and away shirts.

The sports shop in Epcot has far more City merchandise than the Rags ATM

I've lived in Clitheroe for a few years now. I remember the time where you'd struggle to find a shirt outside the official store, let alone outside of Manchester. Now I see a load a kids wearing our tops all the time. I even saw one lad in a full kit, socks and all. I assume he was on his way home from practice... benefit of the doubt. Because it's mean to call a child a full-kit-wanker. ;-)

Wow. That has changed. Was there four years ago with my family and that wasn't the case.

Yeah but in US terms 4 years is more or less forever. The Nonsense had won the league that year (assuming 12-13, obvs)

Many (not most or all) US "casual" fans will follow the winner. Chelsea shirts are most common hereabouts now. If Pep knocks out a few big trophies over the next few years then our gear will be #1 I bet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.