Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the media narrative though isn't it. If you asked the normal Talkshite listening, Sun reading football fan, they'd probably have Arsenal right up there with clubs that are run the right way. Just like the Rags and playing the 'Yoonited Way' - they've been playing shite football since GPC left, but it won't stop the media narrative though.

So, what is it Arsenal fans want? Would you prefer a change of owners of a change of manager? I know a change of owner may well lead to a change of manager, but if given the choice, which one is a higher priority for you - owner or manager?

I dont know where you get this from, no one gets more hate on talkshite and the sun than Arsenal. Have done ever since we got a french manager. Something weve never been forgiven for by, especially when he started winning things. One sun headline last year after we lost a game "FOR GOD SAKE JUST GO", very disrespectful, shame many Arsenal fans have given such publications a platform to continually disrespect our club without fear of any comeback, theyd never criticise liverpool like this because of their somewhat militant fan base.

Id rather the owner goes, no manager can do anything with us while we show no ambition. This summer we seem to have made a better stand, but still the club is being run badly and thats down to the owners.

Spot on. A good example is that Dortmund today indicates to be willing to discuss selling Dembele for a price of 100 million. Why are the selling clubs never mentioned as being unethical?

Exactly. It makes me laugh that the buying club gets all the stick for "inflating the market" and the selling club completely escapes criticism. Both are culpable IMO. Or you could say none are - if 2 clubs are prepared to do business on a player, then why should anyone else outside of those clubs complain about the fee?

The eighteen players is impressive but what will the bench look like if a couple of players have injuries/suspensions and the like who would come in outside those players? Mbappe and Sanchez would give you that added depth.

People are forgetting the goal contributions from midfield and wing backs will make up for the lack of goals in Sterling and Sane...

The eighteen players is impressive but what will the bench look like if a couple of players have injuries/suspensions and the like who would come in outside those players? Mbappe and Sanchez would give you that added depth.
I agree. Don't know what the stats are on how many are injured at any given time in a squad but I would guess 2 or 3. That should be enough to keep everyone happy and give a couple of youngsters enough minutes.

It is a strong squad for sure, but our only 2 outright goalscorers are in your starting 11, and we have no direct backup for these positions, so for me it illustrates why we are after Sanchez and/or Mbappe.

That's completely overlooking KDB who scored plenty in Germany and with us in first season. No reason why he shouldn't get 20 he is as good if not better than Lampard.

Roberts, who I'd argue is actually a better finisher than Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne.

Its still only two players who are genuine goal scorers. IF Sterling and Sane significantly up their goal output then we should be fine, if they don't we're praying that Aguero and Jesus stay fit and are not worked to death.

The point is that Real had three quality goalscorers and one has been loaned out and then transferred.

Barca have had three but again one felt undervalued and he's gone.

The ideal scenario is the third striker to be a quality youngster who has come up through the ranks, but we have just got rid of him. Which suggests Pep will buy someone. Whether it is either of the two superstars remains to be seen.

The point is that Real had three quality goalscorers and one has been loaned out and then transferred.

Barca have had three but again one felt undervalued and he's gone.

The ideal scenario is the third striker to be a quality youngster who has come up through the ranks, but we have just got rid of him. Which suggests Pep will buy someone. Whether it is either of the two superstars remains to be seen.

Sancho needs to be that youngster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.