Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument suggests that the market rate for a player of Sanchez's quality is higher than £50m (or else you would clearly conclude that you could replace him for £50m). But that is to ignore how long he has left on his contract. Yes, the value of a player of his quality on a 5-year contract may be higher, but you don't have him on a contract with 5 years left to run.

You should look to replace him with someone with a year or less to run (how much did Ibra cost United?) or spend more than £50m. Frankly, for a club based in London - one of the richest cities in the entire world - with an enormous stadium and some of the highest season ticket prices in the world, playing in the richest league in the world, and who's just benefitted from a huge injection of cash from BT (as we all have) to be bleating about transfer fees, shows the lack of ambition and/or tightness of Kroenke more than anything else.

I also think keeping him and risking losing him for free is a reasonable financial outlay given all the riches you have outlined.

You're likely failure to get Sanchez is kinda your own fault and that of clubs like PSG.

With the inflated transfer prices you and the others are paying the transfer markets been pushed to a crazy place where it's no longer viable to sell players like Sanchez for £50m as they are impossible to replace for that money. The same has happened with Keita at Leipzig.

No way would Wenger have not sold him to you if he thought he could replace him for the same kind of money. Alas, at the other end of the scale, it's sad for us, because the insane prices now mean Alexis could be the last truly world class player we see at the Emirates for a long time.
Haha. You're in effect paying £50m to loan Sanchez for a season.

You're a joke of a club.

A real club that didn't have small club insecurities wouldn't keep a player against his wishes. Chelsea would sell and move on and strengthen. You're cutting off your nose because you can't afford to improve your face.

That's because most top players around Europe are not in the the final year of the contract - The Sanchez situation is of Arsenal's own making. You should look closer to home if you are looking to blame people

A valid point but I'm just wondering if it's true that Arsenal allowed his contract to run down? If it's true, I find it surprising they didn't try getting him to extend last summer.

Kroenke doesn't put a cent into their football club.

Doesn't surprise me. Arsenal have revenues about the same as us, and a market cap about the same as us, and yet benefit from have a global fanbase way before we did, and also having a huge stadium in our capital city, and yet they want to spend way less than we are prepared to spend. Says it all.

A valid point but I'm just wondering if it's true that Arsenal allowed his contract to run down? If it's true, I find it surprising they didn't try getting him to extend last summer.

I'm sure they did. And having failed, they should have been making plans to replace him. Like we should have binned Milner, to be fair.

Doesn't surprise me. Arsenal have revenues about the same as us, and a market cap about the same as us, and yet benefit from have a global fanbase way before we did, and also having a huge stadium in our capital city, and yet they want to spend way less than we are prepared to spend. Says it all.

The only trophies Kroenke is interested in is elephants and bears, hes a fucking parasite.

Our team in my opinion won't look to far from this.

......................Ederson
Walker.....Kompany......Otamendi.....Mendy
......................Dinho
.......Bernardo.......Silva.............KdB
............Jesus...............Kun

Bench

Stones, Sane, Sterling, Yaya, Gundongan, Danilo, Bravo

The idea that we can buy Sanchez and Mbappe is frankly absurd. Jesus and Kun to join the already ridiculous bench. No way.

Even one of them means that Kun wold probably have to be benched.
And what about the game three days after that.

Or the league cup match away at United three days later. Or the game after that.

There's no 'first 11' anymore.

You're a joke of a club.

A real club that didn't have small club insecurities wouldn't keep a player against his wishes. Chelsea would sell and move on and strengthen. You're cutting off your nose because you can't afford to improve your face.

They're paying 7m for Sanchez if they keep him for this season on his current deal.

If they get £50m for him now its completely pointless, the replacement would cost 40-50m, assuming its Mahrez and that in itself is a very big downgrade. If you're Arsenal football club in this situation then you don't sell unless its a 9 figure sum which would allow them to replace Alexis with one of the best.

You're a joke of a club.

I think it says a lot about Wenger's personal position as well. Loathed by a large faction of supporters and hanging on by a thread, his desperation to keep Sanchez is as much about him trying to hang on to his job as anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.