Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real have Benzema and Ronaldo who do most of the scoring.
Barca Suarez and Messi

It is not feasible to have a third world class striker.

That is why I don't really understand letting Nacho go.
Yeah. Neymar never scored a bucket full.

It might be a fair price, but we still couldn't replace him for that, that's my point.

Your argument suggests that the market rate for a player of Sanchez's quality is higher than £50m (or else you would clearly conclude that you could replace him for £50m). But that is to ignore how long he has left on his contract. Yes, the value of a player of his quality on a 5-year contract may be higher, but you don't have him on a contract with 5 years left to run.

You should look to replace him with someone with a year or less to run (how much did Ibra cost United?) or spend more than £50m. Frankly, for a club based in London - one of the richest cities in the entire world - with an enormous stadium and some of the highest season ticket prices in the world, playing in the richest league in the world, and who's just benefitted from a huge injection of cash from BT (as we all have) to be bleating about transfer fees, shows the lack of ambition and/or tightness of Kroenke more than anything else.

Your argument suggests that the market rate for a player of Sanchez's quality is higher than £50m (or else you would clearly conclude that you could replace him for £50m). But that is to ignore how long he has left on his contract. Yes, the value of a player of his quality on a 5-year contract may be higher, but you don't have him on a contract with 5 years left to run.

You should look to replace him with someone with a year or less to run (how much did Ibra cost United?) or spend more than £50m. Frankly, for a club based in London - one of the richest cities in the entire world - with an enormous stadium and some of the highest season ticket prices in the world, playing in the richest league in the world, and who's just benefitted from a huge injection of cash from BT (as we all have) to be bleating about transfer fees, shows the lack of ambition and/or tightness of Kroenke more than anything else.

*APPLAUSE*

The point is that Real had three quality goalscorers and one has been loaned out and then transferred.

Real also achieved the league and champions league double. Perhaps to have a squad capable of achieving something like that there will be some stars who don't play as much as they would like and leave at the end of the season.

If losing an unhappy player at the end of next season is the price we pay for achieving that level of success I could live with it!

anyone for Costa no not the coffee but the one Chelsea wants out. He knows where the net is and would love to put one over Chelsea

The point is that Real had three quality goalscorers and one has been loaned out and then transferred.

Barca have had three but again one felt undervalued and he's gone.

The ideal scenario is the third striker to be a quality youngster who has come up through the ranks, but we have just got rid of him. Which suggests Pep will buy someone. Whether it is either of the two superstars remains to be seen.

If Sterling and Sane both scored an additional 10+ PL goals this season then I think we would be perfectly fine. I expect Sane will, given that he only really got going in the second half of last season. Sterling is the connundrum. For a player of his ability and his role in the team he just doesn't score enough goals. Correct that failing and the need for a world class 3rd striker would be less acute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.