West Ham Post Match Thread | Friendly in Iceland

I think Mangala looks more comfortable in a 3 to be honest, as for Stones I think he's on another level alongside Vinny, there were times last season he looked lost without someone like that alongside him.

I think it's the fullbacks + formation that are making Stones play so well. There was one point today when someone went in behind and Stones had to go defend in the right back area, something we saw dozens of times last season, but instead of just backing off and backing off, he just went in strong and barged him into touch.

The difference I think is he knows Danilo was bombing back to cover, not to mention the other 2 CB's are still there, he doesn't have to stall and wait for Zaba/Yaya/Kolarov to get back before he can make a challenge.

I really want Mangala to come good, but I didn't think he looked good today, his touch is seriously lacking, just about acceptable until pressure comes on him, but then he's still just as poor as ever, and in possession, his passing leaves so much to be desired, he just doesn't make the incisive forward passes the main 3 do.

I think it's the fullbacks + formation that are making Stones play so well. There was one point today when someone went in behind and Stones had to go defend in the right back area, something we saw dozens of times last season, but instead of just backing off and backing off, he just went in strong and barged him into touch.

The difference I think is he knows Danilo was bombing back to cover, not to mention the other 2 CB's are still there, he doesn't have to stall and wait for Zaba/Yaya/Kolarov to get back before he can make a challenge.

I really want Mangala to come good, but I didn't think he looked good today, his touch is seriously lacking, just about acceptable until pressure comes on him, but then he's still just as poor as ever, and in possession, his passing leaves so much to be desired, he just doesn't make the incisive forward passes the main 3 do.
Yeah I hear what you're saying, Mangala is the type of defender that loves nothing more than be in a battle, he bullied Costa when we played Chelsea and would relish playing against the likes of Lukaku etc....put him up against pace and technical ability and he's fucked.

Danilo looked a bit clumsy but very fast kdb again looked different class with his delivery of the ball gonna have to back him for pfa player of the year!!! Ederson looks fine inside his own area but rushes out when not needed prefer to see sane further forward but he's a great option there for home games if we continue with 3 at the back we need another cb and forward. Nice to see Diaz and foden again and hope they get some game time next season.

KDB looking very bright in pre-season. Expecting big things from him this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.