West Ham Post Match Thread | Friendly in Iceland

Nice football.
A lot of missed chances.
Foden really looks the dogs dodahs. Needs to be kept at the club this season with plenty of sub appearances.
BUT...
Two free headers for WHU that better teams would have got on target and probably scored from.
For me, we need a leader CH for when Kompany gets injured,

Thought Hart did well for WHU. Not for Pep but WHU will concede less goals this season.

They also said he was holding back some first team players for their game against the rags next week,really strange way of preparing his first team for the season
Who was the commentator? Hardly ever gave us credit, especially for the second goal which was incisive to say the least, and was bulling up little peanis, who hardly got a chance to impress as he was never near the 6 yard box. Then he came out with the comment you mentioned. Who did Bilic leave out? As far as I was aware, he was merely practising his bus parking tactics for the match at the swamp, which should be a great spectacle for the fans.

I'm starting to grow more and more fond of Mangala. Looks solid and calm on the ball.

Lots to like, Danilo excellent again. Very young line up at the end, bodes well. One observation, young Foden seemed to pull out or just not bother with some 50-50 balls, maybe because it was a friendly, regular youth team followers may shed light? Over all he was as impressive has the rest.

Who was the commentator? Hardly ever gave us credit, especially for the second goal which was incisive to say the least, and was bulling up little peanis, who hardly got a chance to impress as he was never near the 6 yard box. Then he came out with the comment you mentioned. Who did Bilic leave out? As far as I was aware, he was merely practising his bus parking tactics for the match at the swamp, which should be a great spectacle for the fans.
Believe it or not that commentator was far more fair than sky and bt ones,i don't know who it was though
The rags game will be loads of bus parking from the hammers but the rags will attack them just not like we do

I know Mangala is not flavour of the month with many fans, but I don't see what he did wrong today, and he won't be first choice even if kept.

He's strong, pretty quick, and a good defender, not ideal for a Pep team, but spending another £30m on a defender when we have one that can step in, and may learn, seems silly to me, especially with Tosin also available, don't play them together, but they can both cover the others.

Just gonna mention that I called this 3-1-4-2 formation months ago, with a winger on one side and fullback on the other as wingbacks. With Mendy fit no doubt he will still be preferred on the left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.