Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before but I'll say it again... he wants Celtic because of how he's been treated & by that I mean both sides, Celtic have made him feel wanted & given him excellent treatment, fans love him & he rose to the occasion. On the other hand City signed him full of promises & then sent him on loan, he was then made more promises & now looks like another loan! For him he feels messed about & As a youngster would you rather make some sort of career where you know you're wanted or passed from pillar to post knowing you'll probably eventually be sent packing anyway?
It's not about having to prove himself it's about how he's been treated, Denayer has had the same treatment. Patrick just wants to play every week, he gained a reputation at Fulham & only left based on promises made, false promises!
I love this club to death but the treatment of some youngsters is poor really & most fans don't know the full extent behind their stories, it's a shame as we could be so much better & fingers crossed we are down the line. In Patrick's case we should of done a deal & left him at Fulham to develop & progress but we stopped that progression instead.
I'm not ITK with players at our club & most info I get is commercial or behind the scenes, but this lads story I know well.

Nail on the head...
He's not the first to be treated like this and I'm sure he won't be the last:(
Said time ago on here we are not allowed to bring youth through at the club don't know why...
Must be some written rule only rags can play/ bring youth players into the first team...

I don't think City would sell him for any less than 12m, so for Celtic, you get the player you adore for what would be a considerable amount to you, but along with Dembele and Tierney if you ever sold them you'd probably make a profit. If we brought in Sanchez/Mbappe I think City would be willing to sell Roberts. If we don't bring them in, I still think we'd loan Paddy.

What even are the chances that Sanchez/Mbappe comes to City?

Roberts is the 5th forward right now, who will get a decent amount of PT on a top team in one of the best leagues in the world.

Shows a complete lack of ambition if he really does want to go back to Celtic, especially if there's a premier league side willing to take him on loan. You have to be driven to make it at the very top in football, as much as i despise him, Ronaldo is the perfect example of this. When he went to United, he was nothing more than a show pony for a year or so, and then something clicked with him, he developed the determination and dedication along with the unrelenting desire to be one of the best around and that's what you need, Roberts is never going to make the grade if he doesn't have the bottle and the drive to look for something better than Celtic.

I just don't rate him as highly as some of our other youngsters. Foden Diaz and Zinchenko all have looked better then him in preseason. Felt like Roberts composure wasn't as good and was trying to do to much which isn't surprising, but when compared shows he isn't ready yet. This is on top of how I felt all three others touch was better as well. Do not see him breaking into the first squad and think the best course of action for both parties is to sell him with a decent sell on clause. No buyback don't see him being up to snuff.

If he isn't staying with us he needs to go to a good league on loan. Girona would be the ideal spot.

I just don't rate him as highly as some of our other youngsters. Foden Diaz and Zinchenko all have looked better then him in preseason. Felt like Roberts composure wasn't as good and was trying to do to much which isn't surprising, but when compared shows he isn't ready yet. This is on top of how I felt all three others touch was better as well. Do not see him breaking into the first squad and think the best course of action for both parties is to sell him with a decent sell on clause. No buyback don't see him being up to snuff.

This for me too.

What even are the chances that Sanchez/Mbappe comes to City?

Roberts is the 5th forward right now, who will get a decent amount of PT on a top team in one of the best leagues in the world.

Slim at the moment, it would seem. I'd like to see Roberts given a chance, but it looks like he's fallen behind Diaz in the pecking order so a move seems likely.

Brenda tapping up through the media...

“He is clearly a big talent and between now and the end of the market Pat and Manchester City will decide where it is he can go.
“The player, of course, will have big say in where is best for his development this coming season.
“If he is available and we can have him then we’d love to take him.”

http://celtsarehere.com/rodgers-update-on-patrick-roberts/
Not saying I want him to go but Bodgers needs to show more lager vouchers and fewer fcukin teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.