Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Not sure how you can say that, the difference between the speed of our play with Yaya and with Fernandinho are night and day. Yay also allows Silva to play further forward because he doesn't have to be the creator from deep.
well then we dont seem to judge a game in the same view... silva was always in the same position as always... between the lines... even today... ferna nullified what attack Brighton had which I believe Yaya wouldnt... so for me the selection was totally right!

How any City fan can complain at that performance is beyond me.

We're going to make a lot of the sides we play this season look like Championship sides, in fact, we'll dominate matches in that manner against much better sides than Brighton.

Pep's decision not to play a more direct game cannot be criticised after that result. We bossed the game to the extent that when we got the breakthrough, Brighton knew it was game over. A lot of the time teams will go all out for a last attack but we controlled the game in a manner where they couldn't get a sniff.

Always looked an easier game on paper than it was going to be, the time to play promoted teams is after 7 or 8 games when we are getting into a flow and the novelty of being promoted has gone and reality hits home.

Good performance all around but it is clear that we need to be more clinical.

Great performance, great result. Brighton we're paying six at the back for most of the match, we can't expect a ton of goals. We made enough chances and we took enough of them to win comfortably. And they weren't in with a sniff. Honestly, some people on here just want to gripe.

well then we dont seem to judge a game in the same view... silva was always in the same position as always... between the lines... even today... ferna nullified what attack Brighton had which I believe Yaya wouldnt... so for me the selection was totally right!

The back 3 and Walker nullified Brighton's attack, Fernandinho was mostly a passenger in our half.

Well, we made hard work of it, but eventually our class told.

Great finish by Sergio - how many times have we said that over the years? - and some great performances, especially in defence, but Merlin and KdB were both well off with their passing.

Still, a win's a win and I'm sure we will see many of our opponents copying Brighton's tactics.

Walker my MotM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.