Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Yeah, was good to tick off a new ground as we don't get many opportunities for that these days but 6 hours journey time down and close to the same coming back was frustrating. Bastard M25. If they stay up I'll be doing a stopover next time.

Of all the new grounds that have sprung up down the years, it was quite decent but you have to allow plenty of time to get the train in from Brighton centre. Atmosphere-wise, we were hit and miss. Started off quite well but it tailed off as the first half wore on and that continued quite a bit into the second half despite us and other pockets trying to get it going. Can't really blame corporates on this occasion as I saw very few and it always amazes me how it's bouncing on the concourse yet when people get to their seats so many suddenly lose their singing voices. I've seen us get a bit of a slating from some Brighton fans, but to be honest they weren't all that either - plenty of periods of silence from their end too, although when either set of fans did get it properly going the noise travelled well.

One of our lot stumbled into a bit of a discussion with one of theirs when in the queue for the train afterwards. Overheard him say City are a small club (weird hearing a Brighton fan say that) and that we were in the Championship when we got taken over so he put him straight on that one. Anyway, he kept going on about United being a bigger club after that (no shit Sherlock), but soon piped down when I pointed out that Palace are a bigger club than them. I very rarely witness stuff like that from opposition fans outside of the internet and it was in stark contrast to the chinwag we had with some old school Brighton fans outside the Grand Central pub before the game.

Putting this into some sort of context from a Brighton fan. After any game you will always get twattish comments from some (few) fans of the losing team, mainly just to wind up opposition supporters. Just take it with a pinch of salt. Overall, the majority of Brighton fans didn't expect to get anything out of this game so had it been 0-0 at full time it would have been celebrated like a victory. An additional view is that we probably won't meet such an accomplished, quality team again this season (how's that for respect eh!). Our first time in the top tier for 34 years, and it will take time to find our feet - hopefully soon, but thanks for setting the bench mark.

He needs to improve his substitutions though. Not that they were wrong yesterday just 10 mins late.
One of the CDs (Stones?) needs to step up into DM as well when it is clear that the opposition are not even trying to break out.
Still early days.

Its not easy for Stones to step up into DM when Fernandhino is occupying that space. Its something that they need to work on.

Anyone else get stuck coming home from London yesterday?

Had to get a train to Leeds from KIngs Cross then change to get to Manchester and had to do the whole journey crammed onto the trains with a load of Cockney reds.

Forgetting all that though, a good game and a good result. Brighton were hard to break down but we did it and like Pep said, we will only improve.

Win is a win, that's all that counts, played decent enough so happy with the 3 points, rather than queuing up for the shuttle bus back to the racetrack, we decided to walk, what a fookin mission that was, bolloxed when got back to car

We do. Mendy and his tweets should be an easy one for starters. Than Silva II although it took us ages to create a song for Merlin. And I'd expected a song about Merlin to get his hair back as well.

Who needs gold? GOLD
We've got 2 Silvas you know
David and Bernardo
We're indestructible
We've got Aguerrroooooo...
Who needs gold? GOLD....

There's one song for starters which was getting an airing on Saturday and will catch on so no excuses now blues.

Anyone else get stuck coming home from London yesterday?

Had to get a train to Leeds from KIngs Cross then change to get to Manchester and had to do the whole journey crammed onto the trains with a load of Cockney reds.

Yep, all trains out of Euston were suspended due to a fatality near Bletchley. Managed to get on the 13.17 train back, but it was rammed and had to stand the whole way back. Not ideal with a hangover!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.