2017/18 Checkatrade(EFL) Trophy (15/08 v Rotherham)

Happy I went to this rather than watching the Girona match looking at he other threads.
We struggled with the physicality but you could tell city had the technically better players. Ref gave us little protection, so no change there. Muric is a really good keeper if he sorts out his distribution then I think we might see more of him in the future. Davenport played well with the exception of missing one of the pens.
Don't think is was a full strength Rotherham side but they certainly had some first team players on the pitch but generally squad players rather than starting 11.
Might even go to the matches at Bradford and Chesterfield if they don't clash with Chumps league as I quite enjoyed it.
Yep, it was well worth the trip over. Tidy little ground and got a pie and a pint for a fiver in the pub about five minutes away, winner.

Just got back from the match. In the first half we were bullied off the ball too easily but the second half the lads were much stronger, our goal came with seconds to spare. The goalkeeper played a blinder. A great prospect for the future.
Agreed the keeper looked very promising,just back too. Well worth the effort nice ground easy to to get and out of. Although only 2500 there

Technically under 23s but City had 1 19 year old, 5 18 year olds and 5 17 year olds starting. 3 16 year olds coming off the bench.

These lads could all still play u23 football in 4 years!

Technically under 23s but City had 1 19 year old, 5 18 year olds and 5 17 year olds starting. 3 16 year olds coming off the bench.

These lads could all still play u23 football in 4 years!

Competitions like this and playing all our academy lads levels up, as well as our connections in Holland and Spain are huge for our youth development. As many have said, the academy isn't all about promoting players to the first team. Even if these kids don't make it with us they'll be much more prepared for senior football than most their age.

not a bad effort at all from such a young team , though that wasnt Rotherham's first XI either

Happy I went to this rather than watching the Girona match looking at he other threads.
We struggled with the physicality but you could tell city had the technically better players. Ref gave us little protection, so no change there. Muric is a really good keeper if he sorts out his distribution then I think we might see more of him in the future. Davenport played well with the exception of missing one of the pens.
Don't think is was a full strength Rotherham side but they certainly had some first team players on the pitch but generally squad players rather than starting 11.
Might even go to the matches at Bradford and Chesterfield if they don't clash with Chumps league as I quite enjoyed it.

I'm planning on going to the Bradford game. Don't think last year it clashed with champs league fixtures

I'm planning on going to the Bradford game. Don't think last year it clashed with champs league fixtures
The Bradford game could clash with the 4th Round of the Carabao (League) Cup depending if we get through and whether we then play on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Chesterfield game is due to take place same day as the 1st team plays Southampton at home in the League.

Not ideal but its just a case of physically fitting the fixtures into a busy calendar. If they get through the group stage hopefully the knockout games can be arranged for dates the first team aren't playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.