Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
certainly raised an eyebrow with me, personaly id keep away but pep is pep and if Evans has a quality i have missed that would slot into our system then so be it

WBA signed him for 6 mill with 2 mill add ons.
Not worth more than 12-15 mill at the very most at his age.
Walk away Txiki if they want any more
(Actually walk away anyway!)

I also think we will play 4-3-3 more often than not but bear in mind, Pep has said in the past that all his teams end up playing 3-4-3. The back three though is very often two CB's split by a DM.

To utilise Sane and Jesus that seems the natural formation for the side. Its been a bit pedestrian so far and if teams defend deep we need to make the pitch as wide as possible. Fullbacks like Mendy/Walker are great but playing a three at the back they will typically join the attack at a later juncture. If we want to effectively counter attack and stretch the play we need the width created by Sane etc

Doesn't make much sense to me that. He has an agreement that he can go if a top 4 club comes in but only if it suits WBA? If WBA can block it, then he doesn't really have an agreement that he can go and it's just like any other transfer in that the player can go if the selling club get the price they want.
The simple answer is
The financial side of it has to be right for WBA they turned down £20mill for him from Arsenal last summer and he wanted to go but so Pulus said he can go in the future if A club iN the top 4 comes in and the money suits WBA....so £20mill plus

He's The sort of player a newly promoted side would be looking to sign.

Seems an odd choice.

But 20 million is yesterday's 10 million

Yeah it definitely makes sense from a financial and squad quota/pursuing other players angle.

Might also be an indicator that we're close with our other targets which is the reason why we've put a bid in for Evans, as i'd imagine we would have saved one of those foreign spots for Mangala or another centre back (cost permitting) if that wasn't the case.

It's money time in the window. I think if we don't know by now who's possible/not possible we're not doing our jobs properly!

Really coming round to this signing, especially as 4th choice. Talking to a couple of United supporters who know their shit, they say they're disappointed that Van Gaal let him go. Strong and brave defender, two footed, can pass, has excellent leadership qualities. Actually fits the profile of defender which Pep wants this summer. In terms of downsides, apparently he's a bit injury prone but a quick look on wiki suggests he's played 30+ games two seasons running for West Brom.

15 million is the new one million, half decent signing for a back up, he's home grown so he fits our budget an plan. We need more British players to bolster the squad. Next year the big signing will be a top notch centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.