Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have a place for racist, proslavery war criminal Sherman
Murderous colonialists such as Churchill, Clive
Columbus, Pizarro
Men like Washington who were happy with slavery
Etc etc

Should all their statues come down as well
There are lots of "heroes" with very dubious attributes when put under the modern scrutiny, but that's not what they are famous or celebrated for. Robert E. Lee is literally famous for leading the Confederate army, a statue of him is a celebration of the Confederate cause. That's the difference.

Columbus, Pizarro
Etc etc

Who is Clive Columbus?

When did Churchill advocate slavery?

Why can't you understand the difference between people who lived "of their time" and people that fought and killed for sole reason that they didn't want to let go of the slave trade? Following on from your line of reasoning, you'd have the Colluseum and Hadrian's Wall demolished.

Columbus, Pizarro
Etc etc

Don't forget Lincoln who was quite happy for Southern states to continue with slavery so long as they didn't secede from the Union,all things from a different era.

Who is Clive Columbus?

When did Churchill advocate slavery?

Why can't you understand the difference between people who lived "of their time" and people that fought and killed for sole reason that they didn't want to let go of the slave trade? Following on from your line of reasoning, you'd have the Colluseum and Hadrian's Wall demolished.
Chris's brother did you not study history, less well known I admit but I read somewhere he told him India's that way.

To be fair the museum wouldn't be a terrible idea, but who'd decide that and what happens to statues they put up now?

"...what happens to the statues they put up now?"...? I can't begin to decipher the angle of this ambiguous question...

Should we put up some Hitler statues then?

Lol!! I was going to ask the same thing!!

Holiday WiFi is so sh*t!!

Which statue mate the one of Robert E Lee to be honest just a character from nearly two centuries ago personally I'd have left it there bygone era and its caused a whole load of shite and someone their life.
You must see why it may matter to black inhabitants of the state?

It's fine you sitting in your house in Manchester stating what you'd be fine with, but you surely empathise with the feelings of those that see the statues as markers from a repressive time.

I have deflected nothing, you have anger issues sort them out.
You got your knickers in a twist over a poster saying they despised someone for laughing at the situation in Charlottesville. Since then you've not backed up why.

If someone laughed at an iman playing down the Manchester bombing online, would you defend their right to laugh? Is one killing fine but 22 not ok? Where's the cut off?

Are you even able to answer these straight questions?

You got your knickers in a twist over a poster saying they despised someone for laughing at the situation in Charlottesville. Since then you've not backed up why.

If someone laughed at an iman playing down the Manchester bombing online, would you defend their right to laugh? Is one killing fine but 22 not ok? Where's the cut off?

Are you even able to answer these straight questions?

I didn't get my knickers in a twist, you did.The problem is yours in as much as you hate people you don't even know, and this thread isn't about the Manchester bombing is it? You think that hating someone for an opinion on an internet forum is OK, now that's a logic I am glad doesn't bide with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.