Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're also strangely missing out the amount of posters who were unenthused by Yaya, thought Silva would be too weak, said we should walk away from the De Bruyne deal because it was taking too long, thought Sane was shit and the list goes on.

You're painting a very specific picture of this forum in order to add weight to your tantrum but, when you look at it as a whole, the general opinions of members of this site has no actual bearing on the quality of a signing.
Thank the Lord for small mercies. If it did we'd have 11 academy kids running round every Saturday afternoon.
I want to see this signing go through just for the entertainment on this forum every time he plays.

Davidson Sanchez can be had for £10m more, fucking get on it Txiki rather then this rag bum who couldn't handle being the top pairing.

Random thoughts:
  1. 25m for Evans? Awful. What does our super network of scouts do if they can't find an Evans class CB somewhere in the world for less than 10m?
  2. There must be better options out there for £25m
  3. Surely we can do a deal involving Delph to bring the fee down - 8m+Delph would be more palatable
  4. I'd be ok with Evans as 4th choice CB if the fee was ok (18m already too much) so long as it meant we got a top FW, ie. Sanchez or Mbappe
  5. If we fail to to get Sanchez/Mbappe, and considering we'll be playing 3 at the back quite a bit this season, it makes far more sense to go big on a CB, such as Van Dijk. Let's face it, in all likelihood, we're not signing a 4th choice CB, it's more like a 3rd choice or 3.5 choice, given Kompany's injury concerns. VVD could be VK's successor. We won't need to score 90+ goals if we concede less and VVD helps with that
  6. Evans has improved since he was at Utd but how would he do in a highline? At WBA he's plays deep and is surrounded by like 5 other giant CBs
  7. Why didn't we bring in Pepe on a free? Why didn't we bring in Kolasinac on a free for that matter? Why are we so slow-witted in the market?
  8. Mangala is absolute garbage, anyone wanting him to stay needs their head checking. Utter shite in preseason.
  9. Tosin isn't ready
  10. PMSL at the thought of going into a big CL game with an Evans-Stones partnership. All the money we have had...

Swear to fuckin god, if I read one more price comparison between Evans and Mangala, I'll off myself.

Is Evans WB's best player? - Yes
Do WB desperately want to keep him? - Yes
Are they majorly fucked losing him this late in the window? - Yes

Is Mangala our best player? - No
Is he even our best defender? - No
Alright, is he even our starting CB? - No
Fuck it, do we even want to keep him at the club? - No
Are we fucked if he leaves? - No
Is he on high wages? - Yes

I wonder why the fuck Evans is going for 25 and Mangala for 10 because it sure is one tricky question. State of this forum.
Yeah, we should probably get balls deep for Tom Cairney at Fulham given he's their best player and we are trying to sell Delph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.