Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new signing against Balotelli in 2011 and people still talks about giving a chance to Jonny Evans

Never happened if you believe some on this thread.

I can't believe folk are trying to justify this move.

1. It's not because it's a former rag that folk dont want him, it's because he's shit
2. He looks good for West Brom. Tony Pulis, park the bus West Brom. The complete opposite of Pep's system.
3. People saying he's only coming in as back up, what if he's needed? If he isn't good enough to start, he isn't good enough. If Kompany goes down, would you want 15 games of Evans and Stones?

People need to take his united links out of the equation and coldly look at it. He is simply nowhere near good enough. If we want a player of that level, go for Shawcross. At least he has something about him. Gibson makes more sense.I'm sure there's others who escape me, but he's not the answer to any question.

Yeah, we should probably get balls deep for Tom Cairney at Fulham given he's their best player and we are trying to sell Delph.
Did I list the reasons why we should buy Evans if it costs 25 mil? That comment is about why the price difference between Mangala and Evans is justified. Which begs the question what the fuck are you on? Your sarcasm is not gonna cover for shit ass arguments.

I will ask you the same question I can't get an answer too:

Can you tell us your opinions of his strengths and weaknesses, and why he won't fit into our squad?
His strengths are his experience and his calmness on the ball. We wouldn't have to worry about him getting phased by any big occasion as he's been there and got the t-shirt. He also seems to be a fairly decent organiser which depending on who he lined up with could be important. On a negative note He's not the strongest of players and I've seen him outmuscled on a few occasions against some of the more powerful forwards in the league.
The worry for me is his lack of pace, his ability in the air not being great, which considering the amount of daft free kicks we give away could be a problem. Also had his fair share of injuries which is something we know too well.
He's been playing a totally different system the last two season to what he'd be playing here and the only partner I'd be comfortable him playing with would be Vinny.
Overall there's pluses and minuses like there are with most players, but being a raggy rag rag tips him over the edge I'm afraid and if I hadn't already gave my ticket up this season I'd be thinking of hanging myself in the kitchen with the lovely scarf that everyone got in their packs this year. Likkle City and all that.. :-)

No, it doesn't.
  1. Ed
  2. Bravo
  3. Dani
  4. VK
  5. Ota
  6. Ben
  7. Yaya
  8. Gun
  9. Dinho
  10. Silva
  11. KDB
  12. Bern
  13. Sane
  14. Kun
  15. GJ
  16. -open- (CB)
  17. -open- (FW)
Yeah get a foreign 4th choice CB now, so that we're fucked again next summer trying to move players because we can't buy any DMs or LBs or CBs or whatever as we don't have any foreign spot left.

No, it doesn't.
  1. Ed
  2. Bravo
  3. Dani
  4. VK
  5. Ota
  6. Ben
  7. Yaya
  8. Gun
  9. Dinho
  10. Silva
  11. KDB
  12. Bern
  13. Sane
  14. Kun
  15. GJ
  16. -open- (CB)
  17. -open- (FW)

Sammy Lee pretty much summarised the whole scenario this morning. No room for a foreign centre back without screwing ourselves further along the line:

The fact that Evans is an ex-rag has nothing to do with peoples opinion on here, not mine for starters. Imo Evans is simply an average defender who has improved to reasonably decent for West Brom in a defensive line up that Pulis let his team play. With all his 'experience' (hardly an asset when the rags won their title with him in the squad) the big question is if he, at 29 and not used to play in a 3 men defence and a high line up, is able to tranform within a year to the demands Pep has for his defenders.
Ok, Mangala might not be up to it, at least he's giving it a try during preseason and did quite well actually. He might be on his way and than there's no use question yourself if Mangala was any better. That question will than be going to the next in line, Tosin. One of our own, one that is overly eager to make the step and won't mind spending more time on the bench if he gets his minutes when possible. Surely he will have raise his eyebrows when reading we are after Evans. I'd rather we take a gamble on Tosin than spending an extra 10-15 million by selling Mangala and getting Evans in. Great deal by the way. Again.

Evans being an ex-rag might not have anything to do with the way you perceive him. However, you're talking utter bollocks if you think him being an ex-rag has nothing to do with people's opinions.

We've been linked with people who are worse than Evans in the past and received nowhere near 200 pages in less than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.