Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I think this will happen, but if it could, you don't worry about who you lose because of it. Not only would you be getting Messi with something to prove in a new league, but I think you'd see a resurgent Kun playing with his best friend.

If the guy has any sense at all he will see his career out at Barca rather than come here.

He is a legend at the club, the climate is much better over there and he hardly needs the money.

Messi is available on a free next summer?
The greedy little fucker, and his hangers on, will fleece any future club in excess of £500k a week.

I personally wouldn't touch him as I don't for one second think he'd settle here. I agree with the poster above, he should stay where he is.

I'm torn with regards to Messi, he's a player I've wanted at the club for as long as it's been a viable option (since the takeover) but part of me wants to see him remain at Barça.
The reason being is he's not the player he was & is not as young as he was & my fear for him is the premier league is now too quick for him. I've no doubt he's stil 'got it' but part of me has a nagging feeling it's too late. I wanted a Messi in his prime not at the start of his decline & for the money he'd cost I'm a bit cautious if truth be told.
Saying all that... the revenue he'd bring in would be rediculous & he may just need a change of scenery to ignite that spark again & kick on from that? Like I say a truly outstanding player still, I just worry it's too late for us to buy him at the costs involved.
It's a bit like getting all giddy & excited for a holiday that's been hyped up like mad to then going & thinking 'meh' the idea of it was much better & should of remaind a dream.

He was the top goal scorer in Europe last season.

He's still miles better than any player we have or have ever had.

If the guy has any sense at all he will see his career out at Barca rather than come here.

He is a legend at the club, the climate is much better over there and he hardly needs the money.

Do you think he isn't aware of Manchester's climate.(boring!)

I'm sure he and his Family could stick it out for 3 years. Serg and Pablo have managed.

You do realise the Weather in Argentina during Winter isn't that great either. Spain will always be Spain.

Weather aside, it would be interesting to see him playing in the PL. Let's be honest, it's a bit more demanding than La Liga, with more teams fighting for the title and the top 4 places. Beating Real and Maybe Atletico every season to win the title must get a bit boring.

TBH I think money is the last thing on his mind ATM, especially after the Tax investigation. But joining Pep, (Soriano, Txiki), Serg, Silva, Bernardo, Jesus, Sane, Kev, Kompany, Mendy, (Sanchez or Mbappe?) might excite him?

Last edited:
Do you think he isn't aware of Manchester's climate.(boring!)

I'm sure he and his Family could stick it out for 3 years. Serg and Pablo have managed.

You do realise the Weather in Argentina during Winter isn't that great either. Spain will always be Spain.

Weather aside, it would be interesting to see him playing in the PL. Let's be honest, it's a bit more demanding than LA Liga, with more teams fighting for the title and the top 4 places. Beating Real and Myabe Atletico every season to win the title must get a bit boring.

TBH I think money is the last thing on his mind ATM, especially after the Tax investigation. But joining Pep, (Soriano, Txiki), Serg, Silva, Bernardo, Jesus, Sane, Kev, Kompany, Mendy, (Sanchez or Mbappe?) might excite him?

And the fact we have a better squad in general than an ageing Barca side.

And the fact we have a better squad in general than an ageing Barca side.
Think the decisive factor would be that Barca are terribly run club, and wasting few remaining years of his career there doesn't make any sense. I don't see any safe alternatives for Messi beside City, Pep was the coach who got the best out of him and knows how to hide Messi's weak spots. Would be very interesting to witness this partnership once again, both have changed since 2012, Messi is a totally different player now.

The greedy little fucker, and his hangers on, will fleece any future club in excess of £500k a week.

I personally wouldn't touch him as I don't for one second think he'd settle here. I agree with the poster above, he should stay where he is.
I dread to think the wages he will get from someone if he goes on a free. Like you say, hope it's not here.

He's got so many other qualities though. Close control, dribbling, passing, shooting, movement etc. A slightly more sluggish Messi surely still has everything the David Silva of today has (except movement off the ball, David's special in that regard)
Do we want to spend £271m on another David Silva when we've already bought his replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.