Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's right mate. They have all of the same problems as last year with the exception that they now have a better finisher. They still look like a team that has no build up plan, are slow to transition into defensive shapes and very often get lost in the shuffle.

People are seeing a false dawn here and overreacting.
I hope you're right. I've got my Blue panicky tshirt on, and I see them as contenders - I always expect them to do well. All those GPC years are still lurking behind my every thought where these lot are concerned. They're all giddy in work right now.....

You mean like the excellent negotiating position Arsene has manufactured for himself and the club for three of it's major assets?
Those players have had contracts for ages, they just won't sign because their club is slipping in status. Ultimately that stems from the coach, but it's not down to poor admin.

There are a lot of things wrong with the way Arsenal were set-up, and Sanchez watching that must be desperate to go, but the loss against Stoke might just strengthen Wenger's desire to keep him. He'll think had Sanchez played instead of Welbeck we'd have won that game and he'd probably be right even if Wenger gets so much wrong.

I from the BBC Gossip Column that we're now up to bidding £70m for him and £400k a week.....
Highly doubt that. £50m-£60m should be enough. At least, that's what we should be targeting. Also, most reliable sources have indicated that he'll earn £300k a week (including bonuses), so it'll probably be £250K basic. Aguero is the highest earner at the club right now with a basic of £220k or something like that.

If he does wants 400k what were all them stories about saying he told Bayern and PSG he wanted them wages off them. Probably bs he wants 400k off us too.
Do you really think our people are briefing the media as to what we are intending to pay our transfer targets? They just make shit up and make it sound convincing, you see it quite a lot in here too

The pressure will obviously be kranked up on this now. I think if we were 'open' to selling him then £70M could easily be a tipping point.

As for the Wengers talk about selling players, it's not as much to raise transfer funds like others have said, it's to get rid of 'deadwood' to try and free up room in the squad. We have 31 senior players, so we need to get rid of the likes of Debuchy, Chambers, Gibbs, Lucas etc who won't contribute anything this season.

As for yesterday, didn't watch the game as I was travelling to Krakow, but the main frustration from me, which stems from last week, and all other recent season openings, is that we are under prepared & never settled in defence for the first few weeks of the season. We look poor without Koscielny, and are playing people out of position. That early ground we lose each year can make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.