Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get back from Stoke till half eleven, knackered and throughly pissed off. Weren't in the mood for a laugh, just scoffed down a large doner and fucked off to bed to watch MOTD, only to be further wound up by realising we were denied a blatant pen.
Never watch motd, recipe for misery, especially when you've lost.

As for Sanchez, I think £65m+ will be the tipping point. Whether or not the fans will see that reinvested in the team is another matter, not that City fans would give a fuck about that obviously, why should you. You'll be more than happy for the millions to be spent on a few more executive boxes and champagne reception lounges at the Emirates lol.

If he goes this week, we're fucked, as with the international break, there'd be no chance of replacing him. It would be a complete disaster for us. I'm just hoping Arsene keeps to his word and the yank twat doesn't decide to pull the rug from under our feet.

As for Sanchez, I think £65m+ will be the tipping point. Whether or not the fans will see that reinvested in the team is another matter, not that City fans would give a fuck about that obviously, why should you. You'll be more than happy for the millions to be spent on a few more executive boxes and champagne reception lounges at the Emirates lol.

If he goes this week, we're fucked, as with the international break, there'd be no chance of replacing him. It would be a complete disaster for us. I'm just hoping Arsene keeps to his word and the yank twat doesn't decide to pull the rug from under our feet.
I can see where you're coming from. It really doesn't make sense for Arsenal to sell him now, unless of course Lacazette was always intended to be Sanchez's replacement.
It comes down to second guessing what's Arsenal's board will do if City bid £50m plus. My guess is you will keep him on the basis that £50m for one season of Sanchez might get you back in the Champions League. But I would not be confident. I am looking forward to Spurs v Chelsea this afternoon. A draw will suit me.

You rang?
giphy.gif

£70m for Alexis Sanchez, that's still a fucking bargain, if he didn't have 1 year left on his contract he'd be a £110m-£120m player in this market.

70m is a lot but he's worth 160m+ in normal circumstances given Liverpool have turned down 110m for Coutinho who is inferior. I wouldn't mind even if we paid 70m to be honest although I do think it should be done at 60m. He is exactly what we need and his pressing is top notch.

Sanchez either scored or assisted about half of Arsenal's league goals last season despite being ran into the ground. This is overlooked IMO.

Alright, so I had a look at the international fixtures to work out when this can feasibly happen. To give some context, Chile's match vs Paraguay is on 31st August and right now they are involved in a dog fight with 4 other teams for 3 (guaranteed) spots. So this match is incredibly crucial for Chile. Based on media reports, all players are expected to report to training in Chile on 28th August (Monday) or 29th August (Tuesday) and it's fairly obvious that Sanchez is not the type to be running late where the national team is concerned. Arsenal's next match is on 27th August, so if Sanchez is in the squad for that match, then there's literally no time left to do last minute bargaining, contract signing, medical, media events, etc. So yeah based on that, if I were to make an educated guess, I would say that the Sanchez deal has to happen before Arsenal's next match (27th), otherwise both clubs would be in a very tight spot to make it work (considering he'll be leaving for Chile by 28th).

Interesting.

When is the traveling squad released for the Liverpool game, I think it's the day before, August 26th. So we would know by then. The rumors are heating up, I imagine we are totally focused on the Everton match and will make an official bid right after it and brief the press about it, putting even more pressure on Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.