Security

Any analysis of recent threats would suggest to anyone with half a brain that the major threat is from an incident outside the stadium.

Why on earth would a terrorist stand patiently in a queue when they could blow themselves up in City Square or, as Blue Anorak says, just outside the turnstiles.,particularly at the end of a game? Perimeter security would be much better.

Spot on Col. Which renders these security checks pretty much useless

But 27 yrs ago we didn't have terrorists trying to kill innocent people. It's not that the club want it that way, it's because the club, showing their duty of care to their fans, having taken advice from the relevant authorities, are being sensible. IMHO

(& twice last season I didn't get in until 20 mins into the match & once even later but that's life in the modern world I'm afraid).
Did we not?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Manchester_bombing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing

Any analysis of recent threats would suggest to anyone with half a brain that the major threat is from an incident outside the stadium.

Why on earth would a terrorist stand patiently in a queue when they could blow themselves up in City Square or, as Blue Anorak says, just outside the turnstiles.,particularly at the end of a game? Perimeter security would be much better.
Spot on

A cynic might say that City have other motives for getting people in early.
But I couldn't possibly comment on that.

The club are damned if they do and damned if they don't really. If something happened inside the ground everyone would be up in arms asking why security wasn't tighter. We all know that it is almost a waste of time though, the only thing effective against this form of terrorism is the security services nipping it in the bud before it happens.

If they are discovered wearing an explosive device or carrying a weapon they would utilize it on discovery still causing injuries or death, as they did in Paris at the stadium. The packed public transport and mass of people walking around before and after the game is an easier target and one they would use as it would be easier to implement. Worrying times but I am afraid it won't be going away anytime soon.

The Paris massacre started at the stadium, only after a ticket inspector would not allow the terrorist entry inside.

These wankers want to make statements, someone trying to smuggle a gun or a device into the stadium has plenty of upsides for them.

Live in front of TV cameras and a captive audience sat in their seats, with nowhere to go, aside from a stampede of thousands more trying to flee.

Same reason they would still rather get access to actual commercial aircraft than on the concourse of an airport terminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.