Everton - Post match thread.

Pep blew the game with his team selection and his refusal to ditch it early in the first in favour of what we played all last season and is a hallmark of his teams, strong in the heart of midfield with control, dictating the tempo and passing between the lines, with attacking, flexible full-backs and attacking wingers, and one lethal striker up front who doesn't need 5 touches before laying off a pass, has vision and doesn't dribble his way out of the easiest goal-scoring opportunities.

I thought we were excellent in the second half. On the front foot looking to win the game with a man short is all I could have asked for. There were times when it looked like Everton had been reduced to 10 men (before they actually were, obviously)
First half not so much.

Did you not notice the poor decision-making; the wayward passing with players completely on different wavelengths; the lack of composure in front of goal and dire attempts at scoring?

We ran around a lot and they sat back and let us. How exactly is that "excellent"???

We worked hard and earned a point when the officials tried to fuck us over. But our overall play was shoddy at best. We're aspiring to win the CL FFS. Did that look like a CL winning side to you?

Said it in a thread a few days back I have real concerns about Jesus. He is a million miles away from leading us to the title. Should be a young sub prospect not the main man up front. Sergio is not firing and we have a huge hole in midfield. I think that was a very worrying display and have to be honest we look a long way behind the rags at this stage.

Lots of room for improvement and why 3-5-2 at home?

Can't fault the effort with 10 men but our strikers are killing us in front of goal. Same story as last season, shit in front of goal and refs are a shambles.

At least Navas was much better in his defensive duties. Sane makes Navas look Maldini-like.

btw, the guy who played everton's right FB was not bad defensively. Barely moved from their half so don't know about his attacking part but he did pretty good keeping their right side.
He didn't have much up against him in the first half with Sane not knowing what he was supposed to do.

Missed too many chances again, also, they seem more desperate to stop us scoring than we were to score. With the lad who got KW sent off, what's the situation regarding retrospective action for deceiving the ref'?

It's the 'hundreds and thousands' approach to a game. Squander one chance and another will be along shortly, but we end up squandering chances all night. The teams that win the title are those that comfortably put away the chances we had tonight. EFC were poor. They've been pretty one-dimensional since the season started and they had little real threat up front. The FatScouseGit is fucked, even though he was gifted a goal, and seems to get games because he is successful in telling the ref how the decision should go.

Our approach play is far too slow. Ordinary teams can defend all night with the back line we have seen them operate.

Any better team and we would have been struggling tonight. But, there again, we seem to raise it for the better teams.

Unless we score within the first quarter of a game we'll continue to get games like tonight.

I thought City were excellent Inthe 2nd half. I did not get the 3 at the back with Sane. He can not play that. And it was a real mistake by Pep to play that system. 3 central defenders and neither Walker or Sane got forward much. 1st half was poor, but we were unlucky to go in a goal down. No comment on sending off as it was on far side of pitch too me.

2nd half we were very good. Outstanding for 10 men to press a team back for 45 mins and give them nothing. Poor finishing.

I was disappointed Pep sacrificed Jesus at ht. I thought he was our best player in the 1st. Half. Aguero struggled for me, but I don't want to criticize too much as whole team deserves credit for 2nd half.

2 big pluses: Ederson. He's quality, and Bernardo Silva. He has to start games. I would play 3 up front: Sane, Jesus and BSilva. Bin the 3 defenders.

Said it in a thread a few days back I have real concerns about Jesus. He is a million miles away from leading us to the title. Should be a young sub prospect not the main man up front. Sergio is not firing and we have a huge hole in midfield. I think that was a very worrying display and have to be honest we look a long way behind the rags at this stage.

Lots of room for improvement and why 3-5-2 at home?

Agreed. Cannot understand why we have so many happy clappers on here.

It's not all doom and gloom - it's only game 2 ffs and we haven't even finished in the transfer window. But that was not good and we need to improve hugely if we are to win the league, let alone the CL.

3-5-2 is a massive problem,why do we need 3 CBs anyway at home.Pep being stubborn could cost us,we play so much smoother and better in a 4-3-3 with Sane and Sterling wide its actually crazy we started this 3 the back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.